Roadsmith trunk lock

Ol' Man Jeb

1750+ Posts
Reaction score
2008 GL1800 w/roadsmith conversion... can someone let me know which congressman to write to get my damn roadsmith trunk open? Fob works part time part of the time. My ice cream is gonna melt! Thanks.

2008 GL1800 w/roadsmith conversion... can someone let me know which congressman to write to get my damn roadsmith trunk open? Fob works part time part of the time. My ice cream is gonna melt! Thanks.

Just drill a hole in the bottom of the trunk put a cup under it and put the cup in your freezer and problem solved…. And make sure the hole is large enough for the Chunky Monkey Chunks to fit through the hole…

Just drill a hole in the bottom of the trunk put a cup under it and put the cup in your freezer and problem solved…. And make sure the hole is large enough for the Chunky Monkey Chunks to fit through the hole…

Thank you, rhino 2, for your input.

hey Jeb,

Two idea's here, ..... maybe change the batteries in your key fob

OR

push the button on your fob to open up the lock on the back of your trike (if you have Goldwing)

Ronnie

6/9/23

It was explained to me, on another forum, the rightmost lever on the Goldwing trunk, which operated the saddle bag on the non-triked Goldwing, will open the Roadsmith trunk. Voila! I got to drink my ice cream..

Thanks to all who replied to my original post.

It was explained to me, on another forum, the rightmost lever on the Goldwing trunk, which operated the saddle bag on the non-triked Goldwing, will open the Roadsmith trunk. Voila! I got to drink my ice cream..

Aaaaaaaa man, I knew that answer, ( I now realize, that you've never open that rear compartment, I thought it was just stuck closed....Sorry, cause mine lock up, and i have to push the unlock button on my fob to open it...............

Ronnie

6/11/23

Good looking AND intelligent!

You asked a question I too had for my new to me Goldwing Roadsmith. Thanks!!

Aaaaaaaa man, I knew that answer, ( I now realize, that you've never open that rear compartment, I thought it was just stuck closed....Sorry, cause mine lock up, and i have to push the unlock button on my fob to open it...............Ronnie 6/11/23

My problem was, I couldn't open with my fob.

Emergency Cable to Open RoadSmith Trunk

Jeb ... There's also an emergency cable that's hidden under your RoadSmith conversion. It's not easy to get to and it's taped to the (I think) front of the box, underneath. They don't want to make it easy for someone to get into ... but it's there should YOU need it.

Jeb ... There's also an emergency cable that's hidden under your RoadSmith conversion. It's not easy to get to and it's taped to the (I think) front of the box, underneath. They don't want to make it easy for someone to get into ... but it's there should YOU need it.

Thank you for the info, Bob.

Now "this" I didn't know either, will check it out.........(thank you!)

Ronnie

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png