Had a wonderful week..

mggf

May 28, 2023
X
On Tuesday I received an alarm on my phone that we had a water leak in our system. Turns out the water pressure tank popped a leak, it’s 19 years old. So off I went to get a new one. No one near me had any. I phoned around and found one in a neighbouring city and had to go get it. I also tried to find a plumber.. no luck. Weeks to get someone to come. So I spent the day removing the water softener and the pressure tank and getting it all back together and working. Also had to find a new pressure switch, another challenge. I now have tiny leak at a union to yet fix. :mad: Tomorrow.

On Thursday we had a storm that knocked out our electrical power, that’s when I discovered our Generac 15kv Genset won’t run. Engine tries to start but dies “over speed”. The generator rings need cleaning and brushes need replacing. I’m too old for this crap… can’t get a repairman until the end of the month. And more good news… more rain and storms tonight. I guess we’ll be in the dark again.

Today I go to cut the grass and our John Deere overheated and quit…. a mouse built a nest inside the shroud covering the cylinders. I spent all day fixing this. :blush: Bonus, I now have fried mice for dinner!!

Someone up there hates me.:(

On Tuesday I received an alarm on my phone that we had a water leak in our system. Turns out the water pressure tank popped a leak, it’s 19 years old. So off I went to get a new one. No one near me had any. I phoned around and found one in a neighbouring city and had to go get it. I also tried to find a plumber.. no luck. Weeks to get someone to come. So I spent the day removing the water softener and the pressure tank and getting it all back together and working. Also had to find a new pressure switch, another challenge. I now have tiny leak at a union to yet fix. :mad: Tomorrow.

On Thursday we had a storm that knocked out our electrical power, that’s when I discovered our Generac 15kv Genset won’t run. Engine tries to start but dies “over speed”. The generator rings need cleaning and brushes need replacing. I’m too old for this crap… can’t get a repairman until the end of the month. And more good news… more rain and storms tonight. I guess we’ll be in the dark again.

Today I go to cut the grass and our John Deere overheated and quit…. a mouse built a nest inside the shroud covering the cylinders. I spent all day fixing this. :blush: Bonus, I now have fried mice for dinner!!

When it rains it pours……. I think at one time or another just about everybody had a day like yours… things to get old and just like people they break down and there isn’t much you can do about and trying to find anybody that can work on stuff and do it in a reasonable timeframe. “Well that ain’t happening nowadays..

Some days your the bug and some days your the windshield Michael.

It now takes me twice as long to repair something that usto take 1/2 the time . Like Bob said , everyone wants to sell ya somthing but no one wants to repair them . As far as your generator goes, call the co. And tell them you want to buy one . Your door will be knocking tomorrow.

Have been down this same trail many times in my lifetime. Seems like when the dam starts to leak, it is going to break, and more problems will arise.

Also feel your pain about getting too old and crippled up to fix things that one used to be able to fix.

Good luck and hope things turn around for you and soon.

Mggf,

Where do you live?? Maybe someone on this board can help you, (BUT if you keep your location private/NO ONE can help ...

I do HVAC (retired) ( I can help you re-install a new water heater) maybe I can help you............. I live in Springfield, Massachusetts

Ronnie

7/16/23

Mggf,

Where do you live?? Maybe someone on this board can help you, (BUT if you keep your location private/NO ONE can help ...

I do HVAC (retired) ( I can help you re-install a new water heater) maybe I can help you............. I live in Springfield, Massachusetts

Ronnie

7/16/23

Thanks for the offer Ronnie but I live out in a nondescript area in Canada where the closest major city is an hour away. Thus my moaning about going city to city for parts. I did manage to get the water pressure tank and tractor fixed but I won’t touch the generator. I’d probably electrocute myself. I have to wait until July 31 for the repair guy who comes from three hours away. We need a big generator as the power goes out frequently. Generac always advertises how reliable they are but we know they ain’t!!

It’s just at 75 with sore knees and an arthritic hip it’s not a fun way to spend a few days but you have to be self sufficient. So for now I can rest a bit smearing myself in Voltaren.

You need to start taking care of your equipment It's all from neglect of maintenance

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png