2023 HD limited edition Hughway king with sidecaar

Smitty901

400+ Posts
Mar 10, 2018
Lowell, WI, US
Today I had a chance to look over the Highway king with sidecar for HD.

First the rig looks good in either color. No test rides were allowed of course.

But the more you look it reviles it's self.

The Mounts look almost like a knock off of Hannigan. HD and champion for some reason removed right side rear passenger foot boards.

They use straight stock for front and rear upper supports rather than fitted bent one. The frame and mounts do look solid.

No rake to tree. But a heavy duty stabilizer.

The sidecar is made by Champion and is a work of art. But it is small inside going to be a tight fit for most.

No one wanted to talk cost. have to go sit in with a salesman/finance expert for that. Good source rumor says a person paid $54,000 in MO. They did not say if that was an out the door price.

20230715_124612.jpg

Resized952023071495154156.jpg

20230715_124622.jpg

Adding the sidecar not only looks great but remedies the seat height issue us shorter legged riders have with the Highway King “standard version “. No worries about not having your feet flat on the ground while stopped now!

I like it! If the rumor is true, too bad the sidecar space is cramped.

I’m a sucker for nostalgia… Very, very cool!

Before you buy a sidecar, especially if it doesn't have an opening front. Make sure whomever is going to ride in it can get in and out. I won't let anyone sit in my sidecar unless there's someone to help them out. The first thing they're gonna wanna do is grab the windshield in an effort to pull them selves up and out. Sidecars don't work well for older people with limited mobility. :Shrug:

Before you buy a sidecar, especially if it doesn't have an opening front. Make sure whomever is going to ride in it can get in and out. I won't let anyone sit in my sidecar unless there's someone to help them out. The first thing they're gonna wanna do is grab the windshield in an effort to pull them selves up and out. Sidecars don't work well for older people with limited mobility. :Shrug:

Same-Same with the Slingshot….Unless you have the roof to grab onto and skyhook you out…. sooner or later you will loose a windshield and or a side view mirror..

Today I had a chance to look over the Highway king with sidecar for HD.

First the rig looks good in either color. No test rides were allowed of course.

But the more you look it reviles it's self.

The Mounts look almost like a knock off of Hannigan. HD and champion for some reason removed right side rear passenger foot boards.

They use straight stock for front and rear upper supports rather than fitted bent one. The frame and mounts do look solid.

No rake to tree. But a heavy duty stabilizer.

The sidecar is made by Champion and is a work of art. But it is small inside going to be a tight fit for most.

No one wanted to talk cost. have to go sit in with a salesman/finance expert for that. Good source rumor says a person paid $54,000 in MO. They did not say if that was an out the door price.

View attachment 113844

View attachment 113845

View attachment 113846

We just got home from the 120th - saw that rig and it was being ridden. No one was in the sidecar.

We just got home from the 120th - saw that rig and it was being ridden. No one was in the sidecar.

The Raspberry one was outside may have been a private owned one already.

It is impressive at first. But the more you go over details it has flaws. The bikes is for the most part a RK.

Real numbers on what it costing out the door will tell more of the story.

The sidecar bears nothing in common with HD past. It is clearly a Champion sidecar. Some will sell .

It is impressive at first. But the more you go over details it has flaws. The bikes is for the most part a RK.

The sidecar bears nothing in common with HD past. It is clearly a Champion sidecar. Some will sell .

That's the one we saw. Wife spotted it right away as we were pulling in. She used to have a GoldWing with a Motivation sidecar.

Its a big country we live in with a lot of loose money soooo.. 'If Harley only makes 5 hundred of them the'll sell every one of them and still have a waiting list for more..

Its a big country we live in with a lot of loose money soooo.. 'If Harley only makes 5 hundred of them the'll sell every one of them and still have a waiting list for more..

People spend their cash as they wish for sure.

Many people have been ripped off by not being informed when purchasing sidecars.

No sin pointing out things they may make it a bad experience..

There are a lot of good sidecar still around. That would serve most better.

People spend their cash as they wish for sure.

Many people have been ripped off by not being informed when purchasing sidecars.

No sin pointing out things they may make it a bad experience..

There are a lot of good sidecar still around. That would serve most better.

I’m not commenting, on the merits of the Harley Sidecar what I’m saying is if they make a limited number it doesn’t matter how bad it is or how good it is ‘If it has the Harley name on it and with a very limited production run …Form over function and too much money in some people’s pockets rules..

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png