8000 mile service

Reaction score
Just got back from a Route 66 run. Trike is now due an 8000 mile service. Was wondering if the oil can be removed with an oil evacuator. Works really well on my Victory bike but wasn't sure if I could get all the oil out of it without pulling the drain plug. Thanks.

I know of no one who uses that method. Your Owner's Manual has the procedure in it. Be sure to use Honda's conventional GN4 oil.

I use that method on all my mowers and 1 car but I have never used it on a motorcycle. I guess you could start with an empty container and measure how much you remove but that would only be good if the bike didn't loose any oil between changes, check the dip stick. The car that I do that way has the oil filter on top so I don't even have to get under the car :clapping:

I know of no one who uses that method. Your Owner's Manual has the procedure in it. Be sure to use Honda's conventional GN4 oil.

Greg;

Are you opposed to using Rotella T4 in a Wing?

I have a vacuum system for removing the oil and I have used it on every engine I’ve ever had to change the oil. It sucks out probably 98% of the oil after removing the filter. Never had an issue with it on any of my engines.

Greg;

Are you opposed to using Rotella T4 in a Wing?

I have a vacuum system for removing the oil and I have used it on every engine I’ve ever had to change the oil. It sucks out probably 98% of the oil after removing the filter. Never had an issue with it on any of my engines.

Here we use Honda's GN4 conventional oil. It the cheapest oil we trust, and instead of having an additive package for nearly everything, it's additive package has what Honda products need. It is so narrow, Honda does not even market it to other m/c's products such as Yamaha's.

Here we use Honda's GN4 conventional oil. It the cheapest oil we trust, and instead of having an additive package for nearly everything, it's additive package has what Honda products need. It is so narrow, Honda does not even market it to other m/c's products such as Yamaha's.

I value your opinion which is why I asked…

I used Yamaha 10W40 in my Royal Star Venture and it was ok but my thought was… meh.

Just from my limited experience on this Wing: the previous owner always had his oil changes done by the dealer and they used GN4 so it says on the bill… I have all his docs. I have, for better or worse, used Rotella T4 the 15W40 and I’m actually startled by how much better it shifts. It used to clunk into gear and on occasion slip a tooth in second gear but now none of that. Much smoother. I don’t notice any difference in engine sound or performance. Price wasn’t so much an issue as I just wanted to try the Rotella and so far so good. I’m always open to other suggestions.

PS: I prefer seeing the front..

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png