Has anyone done this..?

rhino 2

100000 + Posts
Gold Member
Oct 15, 2011
Utopia New Jersey USA..
It’s extra hot out…..I pull into a parking spot right in front of the deli’ And I’m so happy to get that prime spot and at 12 noon no less.. I come out walk up to the Trike and there’s a large puddle under it.😳…..And after a close inspection and an Oh Shit moment I realized that the puddle was there from a previous vehicle ….I was so happy about that perfect spot that I never seen the puddle…

It’s extra hot out…..I pull into a parking spot right in front of the deli’ And I’m so happy to get that prime spot and at 12 noon no less.. I come out walk up to the Trike and there’s a large puddle under it.😳…..And after a close inspection and an Oh Shit moment I realized that the puddle was there from a previous vehicle ….I was so happy about that perfect spot that I never seen the puddle…

I have oh S..T moment seeing fresh oil under the trike. That I didn't notice and was from the previous vehicle! Definitely, A pucker moment!!!

Yes, when I was in Sturgis a few years ago a buddy of mine dumped some oil under my bike at night, the next day I had a WTF o h crap moment

Those puddles can really be a concern.

I took a ride about 50 or so miles. Om the way home, I stopped at the local dealership, parked a bit uphill.

When I got off the bike, I saw antifreeze running on the ground. Looked to be quite a bit - so, I opened the right side and checked the overflow. Yep, still plenty of fluid there. Touched all around and never say where the leak was coming from.

Ride home, about 10 miles - put a white cloth under the bike - didn't see any fluids. Turned the key on, throttle to halfway and the fan came on. That is supposed to be a good sign.

Have a 10K check today and also putting a new tire on - so, told the dealer what happened. They will check the water pump and also for leaks. He said that such might be pretty common if you park upfill with a hot engine. Said there is a small hole in the system that allows for overflow drainage.

When I rode to the dealership today, about 20 miles, bike was still pretty cool. Turned if off and the fam did not come on - indicating that all seems to be working OK.

Will know more later today or tomorrow.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger in NH

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger in NH
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png