Has anyone heard of this?

Rode 375 miles yesterday with temp reaching lower 90s. Could not tell any difference in engine heat with the new M8 oil filter. Seemed about the same to me.

Rode 375 miles yesterday with temp reaching lower 90s. Could not tell any difference in engine heat with the new M8 oil filter. Seemed about the same to me.

Jerry,does your trike seem to have the fans kick on more often ?? Seems like whenever I stop they come on.:confused:

Jerry,does your trike seem to have the fans kick on more often ?? Seems like whenever I stop they come on.:confused:

I don't have new one like you but my 2018 comes on more often than my 2016 did, sometimes I wish they didn't come on and I know I could turn it off, but I will leave it on for now. Not sue if the M8 is the cause of fans coming on more often or not, I know my twin did not come on as often as this one.

All for now Trampas

I don't have new one like you but my 2018 comes on more often than my 2016 did, sometimes I wish they didn't come on and I know I could turn it off, but I will leave it on for now. Not sue if the M8 is the cause of fans coming on more often or not, I know my twin did not come on as often as this one.

All for now Trampas

Thanks, My 16 only seemed to come on when I pulled in the garage & shut it off. Must be the M8 is hotter or they changed up the fan settings.:confused: Still pretty tight only 1400 on it.

I’ve only had M8s with twin cooling and my 2020 seems about the same as my 2018 and my 2017. Only seem to run a short time after turning off motor.

I ordered an IR gun last nite. When it gets here will check temps at oil filter (old style) *& HD oil. Will change out to a better oil when leaving on trip in July & take temps again. I know Amsoil runs cooler,but that is not what I will use this time.

I ordered an IR gun last nite. When it gets here will check temps at oil filter (old style) *& HD oil. Will change out to a better oil when leaving on trip in July & take temps again. I know Amsoil runs cooler,but that is not what I will use this time.
by chance Liquid Moly? Really race proven high temp high stress hear it's good stuff. Not available everywhere though 😕 Ride safe shocks on yet?

by chance Liquid Moly? Really race proven high temp high stress hear it's good stuff. Not available everywhere though 😕 Ride safe shocks on yet?

AT the dealer ,they started yesterday,also will redo the paint protector & finish 1000 mile insp. Thats the stuff, Amazon,Walmart, & some NAPA.

advanced auto as well but our store doesn't stock 20w60 motorcycle stuff

Pick it up tomorrow, everything but the paint protector is done. Guy that does that is still out on medical. I don't mind. This dealer is very good to me. It is not pressing & will be made right. IR gun not here yet either, but soon & then I will test temps. HD oil & old style filter. Before we leave on trip, New oil & K&N filter. Our dealer has no new filters.

Been running Liqui Moly for about 6 years now. It is a great oil. Never had any issues with the oil, or any engine it was in. Just put it in the 20. Best place to find it is eBay, a bmw supplier has the best prices, plus free shipping. There was a huge thread about this oil on HTT forums, very positive.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joefontenot

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joefontenot
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png