Wheelie bars

Back when I first built my VW trike I almost flipped it with the Ol'Lady on back. (she was not happy)

I added wheellie bars But they are solid and have a hard stop instead of a spring loaded stop.

Not the greatest setup but it works.

Don't need them much anymore though. Doing Wheelies was hard on my front end so don't do wheelies anymore.

Back.jpg

Back when I first built my VW trike I almost flipped it with the Ol'Lady on back. (she was not happy)

I added wheellie bars But they are solid and have a hard stop instead of a spring loaded stop.

Not the greatest setup but it works.

Don't need them much anymore though. Doing Wheelies was hard on my front end so don't do wheelies anymore.

View attachment 114653

I know this is an older thread, but I'm new here, so couldn't respond back then, so I'll do it now. Lol

The best soft bars I ever dreamt up were basically 1/2 trailer leaf springs curling down with wheels on either side and a thru-bar from eye to eye to wold the wheels as well as conjoin the spring ends. There is a stopper bar above the leafs that limits their travel, but they should gave a soft, progressive stop to the wheelie before the bump stops are hit. I never got to experience them myself, but they seemed like a pretty good design to me. I'm going to try out the idea on my home built VW trike. I'll report how they work, good bad or ugly, once I test them. ThumbUp

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astrocreep

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astrocreep
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png