CSC Encore gas mileage

Just wanted to add my 2¢ worth. When I did my conversion, I couldn't justify the cost of an aux tank. My mileage on my 07, only dropped a few miles per gallon and I have heard exactly the same with the 18-23 models as well. When group riding with other 2 wheeled wings, we are all usually ready to fuel up right around the same time anyway. No one likes to run down to the point of the low fuel light on as if there was some kind of issue such as you could hit an unexpected detour or traffic getting shut down due to an accident, etc...

When alone and on a road trip, by the time I'm close to 1/4 tank, it's usually time to take a break anyway for a stretch, bathroom break, and refill of my favorite refreshment. At 1/4 tank, I have usually been traveling for 2-1/2 to 3 hours at regular highway speeds. Most areas, your at the most 5 to 10 miles from nearest gas station. Only once out west in the Texas panhandle did I get extremely close to running out and was down to less than 1/3rd of a gallon by the time I found an open gas station. Other than that 1 time, I have never wished I had the aux tank.

2022 DCT Tour CSC Encore here......My mileage is usually around 38 MPG solo and 2-up......doesn't seem to matter much. Pretty relaxed rider and take it easy most of the time. If it's windy with a headwind that seems to affect Trike MPGs much more-so.

The CSC Aux fuel tank....Seriously spend the $$ to get this....it is so much worth it. It works flawlessly and has no electronics involved to add fuel capacity to your Trike. (Roadsmith trike Aux tank setup is ridiculously complicated IMHO and a potential safety hazard). You have about 9-gallons total with the CSC aux tank.

Almost impossible to add later......the investment is so much worth it, I can't stress this enough.

IMG_0243.jpg

I think BigMick's comments are right on. Would I part with my Aux. tank and take the money....? NO WAY. If I were to have a new CSC built for me, would I add the Aux. tank...? ABSOLUTELY! I think it is one of the best options CSC offers. Like they say on TV..... Buy it now and avoid future regret..... Jim

I think BigMick's comments are right on. Would I part with my Aux. tank and take the money....? NO WAY. If I were to have a new CSC built for me, would I add the Aux. tank...? ABSOLUTELY! I think it is one of the best options CSC offers. Like they say on TV..... Buy it now and avoid future regret..... Jim

I agree it is a great option. Since the aux tank is not available for the Harley, I wondered if I should perhaps go with RoadSmith or something else. Decided I really like the CSC.

As I thought more, my bike says gets 38 MPG X 6 so we are just under 240 miles. Even on 2 wheels, I don't really recall when I rode that far without stopping.

Just back from a 1400-mile trip; I was the lead. Total of 6 bikes - no gas issues. When I got gas, they needed it too.

As most already know, I'm in the "skip the aux tank" crowd for the reasons I mentioned. But I have a few questions. Sorry, not trying to hijack this thread...

First is when filling up when you have an aux tank, how much longer does it take?

And those with aux tanks, how often do you actually ride tank to tank without stopping?

Also do you usually ride solo or in groups?

Finally if in groups, is it mostly trikes or bikes and if bikes, do you usually top off when the bikes are fueling up?

As most already know, I'm in the "skip the aux tank" crowd for the reasons I mentioned. But I have a few questions. Sorry, not trying to hijack this thread...

1. First is when filling up when you have an aux tank, how much longer does it take?

2. And those with aux tanks, how often do you actually ride tank to tank without stopping?

3. Also do you usually ride solo or in groups?

4. Finally if in groups, is it mostly trikes or bikes and if bikes, do you usually top off when the bikes are fueling up?

1. I'm never in a hurry with filling the bike anyways as I don't want any fuel spray-back or spills. I would guess maybe another 1-minute tops? I fill normally until full, then wait about 15-seconds for it to equalize in the aux tank then continue to full. Seriously not a big deal at all

2. Aux fuel tank has very little to do with riding tank to tank IMHO......it has to do with not having to stop or find a gas station because you are running low. We take breaks at rest stops, parks, places to eat, etc. Not gas stations.....

We take a lot of longer day rides which I can ride without stopping for fuel.........I get fuel right before getting home and I'm ready for the next day ride whenever that may be.

It's also great for longer trips......again, seeing the sights and making stops where we want, not at gasoline stations.

The 2018+ Goldwing has a 5.5 Gallon tank......5.5 x 38 MPG (209 miles absolute max) so by around 175 you better be looking for fuel.

The aux tank adds a good 100 miles to your range.

3 & 4. Rarely if ever ride in groups.....riding is for fun, freedom and enjoyment.......group riding takes away too much of the freedom so I stopped doing that almost completely many years ago. Also not fond of the vast disparity in skill levels which IMHO makes it much more risky riding. Not to mention the possible alcoholic beverage issue....

I said it before.......the aux tank is a must have option IMHO even if you don't take long trips. The luxury of not having to stop for fuel so often and when traveling in more remote areas it's a welcome luxury. Not to mention resale.....

Not something you can add later either, at least not very easily.

I would NEVER purchase a new or used Trike without an aux fuel tank......the small initial $$ outlay is well worth the money.

Lots of discussion has been offered about the aux tank.

Let us know what you decide.

By the way, if you are on the fence about a rake kit, just ask.:D

When you do the conversion from two wheels to three wheels‘What weight oil will you/should you be using…😉..

I did not make any changes in the oil weight when I went from 2 wheels to 3. Just as an FYI, the Harley trike uses the same weight as the Harley 2-wheeler.

After the conversion, the only change was the trike front tire.

As of today we are not going with the aux tank. But we installing PowerTrak (the rake option).

Your choice, your Trike and your money......don't let owners like me persuade you any different.

Just giving you my experience and recommendation.......

Enjoy your new Trike, CSC makes one heck of a nice Trike.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png