hello to all

hello to everyone my friends call me Bones and i live in Washington state. in 2004 or 05 i started building a trike out of a old VW bug i had. i rode it for about a year then put it in my barn in 2006. i started building and riding harleys again and didnt think about the trike. the last bike i built was a shovelhead. one day i was putting it away in the barn and i put the kick stand out and leaned the bike to park it and the lock on the kick stand broke and and the bike started to fall and i couldnt stop it. so i dove off and landed on a stack of 2x4s breaking my hip and shredding the leg bone near the ball joint.

now after healing up i find the nerves in that leg is damaged. I no longer can ride the shovel safely. a couple weeks ago i remembered the trike in the barn. it was in there for so long it got buried and it took a while to dig it out. i got a new fuel pump and carb got the throttle cable unstuck master cylinder unfroze. i fired it up and pointed it to to road and off i went with spider webs, spiders and dead rodents trailing behind. but by golly it runs again.

now i can finish it and in the wind again. i guess thats how i ran across this site. I was looking around for new things i can use to finish it. When i found this site i thought well if im going to be a triker i should know other trikers. Well to all that read all the way through my first thread without falling to sleep i hope you all except this old man.

I see many of you write your favorite sayings, hears mine Never ride faster then your guardian angel can fly. BONES

hello to everyone my friends call me Bones and i live in Washington state. in 2004 or 05 i started building a trike out of a old VW bug i had. i rode it for about a year then put it in my barn in 2006. i started building and riding harleys again and didnt think about the trike. the last bike i built was a shovelhead. one day i was putting it away in the baen and i put the kick stand out and leaned the bike to park it and the lock on the kick stand broke and and the bike started to fall and i couldnt stop it. so i dove off and landed on a stack of 2x4s breaking my hip and shredding the leg bone near the ball joint. now after healing up i find the nerves in that leg is damaged. I no longer can ride the shovel safely. a couple weeks ago i remembered the trike in the barn. it was in there for so long it got buried and it took a while to dig it out. i got a new fuel pump and carb got the throttle cable unstuck master cylinder unfroze. i fired it up and pointed it to to road and off i went with spider webs, spiders and dead rodents trailing behind. but by golly it runs again. now i can finish it and in the wind again. i guess thats how i ran across this site. I was looking around for new things i can use to finish it. When i found this site i thought well if im going to be a triker i should know other trikers. Well to all that read all the way through my first thread without falling to sleep i hope you all except this old man. I see many of you write your favorite sayings, hears mine Never ride faster then your guardian angel can fly. BONES

James AKA; Bones..Welcome…👍..

Hello "Bones", welcome to the forums. It would be great to see some pics of your project, we love pics.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png