VALKYRIE TURN SIGNALS

Mac-O

Feb 16, 2022
Middleton, TN USA
I have a 1998 Valkyrie roadsmith trike that the turn signals work when you first crank bike at normal speed, but get sluggish and sometimes don't work at all. i tore down and cleaned the switch, that didn't seem to help. the turn signal relay is not stock Honda it must be a roadsmith part and seems to be solid state instead of relay. i sent roadsmith a text but they didn't reply. It has always done this since I have had bike. Any suggestions?

I have a 1998 Valkyrie roadsmith trike that the turn signals work when you first crank bike at normal speed, but get sluggish and sometimes don't work at all. i tore down and cleaned the switch, that didn't seem to help. the turn signal relay is not stock Honda it must be a roadsmith part and seems to be solid state instead of relay. i sent roadsmith a text but they didn't reply. It has always done this since I have had bike. Any suggestions?

Please clarify. You said it has always done this since you owned the bike. Did you own the Valkyrie before it was converted to a trike or did you buy it after it was converted to a trike?

Please clarify. You said it has always done this since you owned the bike. Did you own the Valkyrie before it was converted to a trike or did you buy it after it was converted to a trike?

it was already triked when i bought it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-17 at 21-23-52 HSC1500-v.4-COMPLETE.pdf.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-17 at 21-23-52 HSC1500-v.4-COMPLETE.pdf.png
    230.9 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Sorry I've been out of pocket , the lights are incandescent. If I turn key on and turn blinker on they will not blink, the side that you try to blink just blank, same thing if you start, but if you reeve up engine they will blink slow like there is not enough current going through the system. I've checked the plugs for good grounds and can't find anything that looks suspicious.

That little box controls the turn signals, brake lights and running lights into a single fixture. Normally there is the running/brake light into one fixture and then a single amber turn signal in their own for a total of three filaments on each side of the bike and this little box combines all 3 into one fixture on both sides of the trike.

Below is a typical trailer converter to make the rear lights multi-function.

Attachments

• rsz_wires.jpg
    rsz_wires.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
That little box controls the turn signals, brake lights and running lights into a single fixture. Normally there is the running/brake light into one fixture and then a single amber turn signal in their own for a total of three filaments on each side of the bike and this little box combines all 3 into one fixture on both sides of the trike.

Below is a typical trailer converter to make the rear lights multi-function.

Thanks for all the information, I'm going to order a new one and see if that fixes my problem.

The only difference is that Roadsmith may have a different unit than a trailer wiring convertor. Unless the trike had a trailer hitch. I'd ask the company if a trailer wiring converter can be substituted, I cannot see why it wouldn't work, it looks almost like the same thing. What does it have on the label on the box?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png