...16 years later...

kodiak93657

Oct 2, 2014
Sanger, ca
So. I got my three wheeler back. I let it go many moons ago, and spent the last decade and a half regretting it. But now I've got her back, and she needs work. It's all good though. She came with more parts than I sold her with, so I can do it. I might need some guidance from the VW gurus on here, but I'll git'r done.

Attachments

• First day back-1.jpg
    First day back-1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 34
So. I got my three wheeler back. I let it go many moons ago, and spent the last decade and a half regretting it. But now I've got her back, and she needs work. It's all good though. She came with more parts than I sold her with, so I can do it. I might need some guidance from the VW gurus on here, but I'll git'r done.

Brett ….There’s got to be an interesting story in the getting it back….👍👍

Brett ….There’s got to be an interesting story in the getting it back….👍👍

ish?

I bought it from a good friend I met at MMI. that was 2006. My ignorance of the CA vehicle registration process and financial pressures caused me to sell it in 2007 to an older biker who's knees kept him from 2 wheels. came out $2400 ahead on that deal, so I wasn't bitching. years went by, my friend that I bought it from went to prison... and I realized I'd probably never see him again, so now I'm wishing I had it back. I sent a letter to the dude I sold it to, explaining myself and asked him, if he ever wanted to sell it, could I have first chance. MORE years go by, and out of the blue he calls me, telling me he still had the letter, and the trike, and did I still want to buy it back. long story short, he'd gotten sick with the chicken cold, and the trike had been sitting for a number of years, and the mobile home park he lived in told him to get rid of it, or get to packing. so he's in a bind, needs to get rid of it, can't work on it, etc.

I told him hell yes I'll come get it, even pay him for it. so, me and the wife went and dug it out of the weeds, muscled it up onto a trailer, and brought the old girl home... now I've got the task of getting her back on the road... and I'm excited about a project for the first time in a LONG time...

that's my story, dunno how interesting it is, but there it is!:cool:

...I'm trying to hunt up some pictures of what it looked like when I sold it... most of them are old school paper pics... pre digital age if you will, so...

I'll keep y'all posted as progress progresses...

ish?

I bought it from a good friend I met at MMI. that was 2006. My ignorance of the CA vehicle registration process and financial pressures caused me to sell it in 2007 to an older biker who's knees kept him from 2 wheels. came out $2400 ahead on that deal, so I wasn't bitching. years went by, my friend that I bought it from went to prison... and I realized I'd probably never see him again, so now I'm wishing I had it back. I sent a letter to the dude I sold it to, explaining myself and asked him, if he ever wanted to sell it, could I have first chance. MORE years go by, and out of the blue he calls me, telling me he still had the letter, and the trike, and did I still want to buy it back. long story short, he'd gotten sick with the chicken cold, and the trike had been sitting for a number of years, and the mobile home park he lived in told him to get rid of it, or get to packing. so he's in a bind, needs to get rid of it, can't work on it, etc.

I told him hell yes I'll come get it, even pay him for it. so, me and the wife went and dug it out of the weeds, muscled it up onto a trailer, and brought the old girl home... now I've got the task of getting her back on the road... and I'm excited about a project for the first time in a LONG time...

that's my story, dunno how interesting it is, but there it is!:cool:

👍👍

keep an eye out for VW swap meets, my Dad lives in Florida and later this month he is cleaning out his old VW parts and carrying them to a swap meet down there to sell so maybe there might be something like that close to where you live.

keep an eye out for VW swap meets, my Dad lives in Florida and later this month he is cleaning out his old VW parts and carrying them to a swap meet down there to sell so maybe there might be something like that close to where you live.

There are Bug-Ins in every state, and multiple in several states.

Those are GOLD for anyone looking for air cooled parts and/ or info. 😀

If there's one near anyone reading this, do yourself a favor and go: you won't be disappointed.

Cory

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png