2021 HD Trike Issue

Reaction score
Have an issue concerning a Antifreeze Leak. Notice it's leaking from the hose attached to the Coolant Cap. It continues to slip down , Tried tightening it but still seeps. Want to replace the Hose but not sure how to take the lower Panel off the Louver or do I have to take the whole Louver off.

Hose looks like its attached to the Overflow Tank. Has anyone had that issue? Tightened the Pressure Cap. Noticed that is leaking from the hose that Pressure Cap Fits in. The hose looks frayed. Does the front Panel of that covers the Lower louver comes off without taking the whole louver off? Want to try and replace that hose. Looks like it runs from The Pressure Top to the over Flow/ Expansion Tank,

Have an issue concerning a Antifreeze Leak. Notice it's leaking form the hose attached to the Coolant Cap. It continues to slip down , Tried tightening it but still seeps. Want to replace the Hose but not sure how to take the lower Panel off the Louver or do I have to take the whole Louver off. Hose looks like its attached to the Overflow Tank. Has anyone had that issue?

Rob......Welcome to Trike-Talk..

..Have you made sure that the cap is tighten on the second detent.....If you press down on the cap [Harder then seems necessary]...It will click in and seal, I found that out with the cap on my Tri-Glide when i had the same problem...Other than that if you are still under warranty have the dealer look at it...

Rob......Welcome to Trike-Talk..

..Have you made sure that the cap is tighten on the second detent.....If you press down on the cap [Harder then seems necessary]...It will click in and seal, I found that out with the cap on my Tri-Glide when i had the same problem...Other than that if you are still under warranty have the dealer look at it...

Yes , tried that. It's leaking from the Hose that connects to Pressure Cap. The hose looks frayed and I can see it's leaking. Want to replace that hose. Looks like it runs into the Overflow Tank. Will the lower louver Panel come off without having to take the whole louver off? I can then replace the hose?

Coolant leak

Had the same issue, took it back to the dealer. I was still under warranty and it was repaired. I believe it took a couple of hours to repair.

No more issues.

Good luck.

Welcome to the forum. You will have to get a new hose.. there likely is a defect on the end of the hose… it’s really not that hard to do. I replaced my pump on my 14 and had to dismantle the side pods. Just buy the hose. I ended up buying the clamping tool from EBay and the ring clamps from Lowe’s they use on PEX pipes I believe.

Once these hose start to leak, there is a path the fluid found. You can fiddle with the ends like scuffing them up but it’s more likely the fluid will find the way out again. Get you a touring manual from Harley on Ebay used. It’s a wealth of information and make sure you know how to burp the cooling system when you reinstall. DK Customs has a great video.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png