2003 V92c Conversion

I've been looking at other trikes and noticing that their front tire is narrower than mine. Just trying to find out if a narrower tire will make easy in the turns. Thanks.

A wide tire is better, has more road contact. I see your pictures, at first I thought it was one of them there Harley trikes. Your lucky its not ! :D

I've been looking at other trikes and noticing that their front tire is narrower than mine. Just trying to find out if a narrower tire will make easy in the turns. Thanks.

Yes....A narrower tire will make the steering lighter/easier especially in parking lot maneuvers...Or long sweeping curves on the road.....

Yes it will, however the contact patch is not as big with a narrow tire

Jack....Yes you are correct ' but the larger the contact patch the more steering input is needed...Thats was the OP's question...

Just for fun drop the air in your Freewheelers down to 25/30 PSI....And just take it for a ride around your block 'Or just make a U turn on your driveway..

I ride with 30 PSI in my Triglide's front tire and there is a noticeable difference in steering input just because of the larger contact patch..... Also the center treads will last a lot longer on the stock Dunlops...

Jack....Yes you are correct ' but the larger the contact patch the more steering input is needed...Thats was the OP's question...

Just for fun drop the air in your Freewheelers down to 25/30 PSI....And just take it for a ride around your block 'Or just make a U turn on your driveway..

I ride with 30 PSI in my Triglide's front tire and there is a noticeable difference in steering input just because of the larger contact patch..... Also the center treads will last a lot longer on the stock Dunlops...

when my Freewheeler front tire drops to 30 or less I can right away feel the steering get muddy

I keep the PSI @ 36

A wide tire is better, has more road contact. I see your pictures, at first I thought it was one of them there Harley trikes. Your lucky its not ! :D

Yep, you sure are right on that. I did the conversion myself. Took a while. The kit is from IMC Trike out of Goodyear AZ. Independent rear suspension like the California Side Car product made to fit the Victory. It's not a off the shelf unit. Thanks for the info on the tire. I have the rear tire which is wider as you know. When it time for a newer tire for the front I'll try it.

Thanks John

My Trike

Just an update and progress report. Finally got the EGT meter hooked up and running. Now I'm trying to find out what it should read on the rear jug. Any thoughts?

We have a ‘12 Ness XCT and when it came time to change front tires, we went with a Cobra Chrome. It is made for trikes,deeper tread in the middle and less tread on the outside edges which are for lean, which a trike does little of.Be aware, it took me 4 months from the time I ordered the tire, till it came in and I could get it on! Also, they are not cheap,

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png