Upgrades on '24 Triglide?

RedOregon

300+ Posts
Aug 16, 2015
south of San Antonio
Well, hell, here we go again.

Hello again to the old timers, Red is back. For those of you who don't know me, I ride a '15 Freewheeler, plenty of info there in my old threads.

Looking at finally going to the Triglide. Debating about whether to get a $2000 kickback on the '23, or getting a '24. Does anybody know of any new features that would make it worth waiting for, outside of different colors?

Return

Well, hell, here we go again.

Hello again to the old timers, Red is back. For those of you who don't know me, I ride a '15 Freewheeler, plenty of info there in my old threads.

Looking at finally going to the Triglide. Debating about whether to get a $2000 kickback on the '23, or getting a '24. Does anybody know of any new features that would make it worth waiting for, outside of different colors?

NICE to see you back, we need to retain the/us OLD TIMERS!

i traded my 2010 in back in May-what a change with the 114, went to Stage 2 and that sure woke up that engine-LOVE IT!

Again WELCOME…….

:Coffee:

Just pick a color, if it's black then go with the '23 LOL. Virtually no difference that I am aware of between the 2 years like you mentioned except color.

Welcome back Red

Not any new changes to the line since 21, the cable clutch is a great thing compared to the hydraulic one you have been riding, the 114 M8 has way more grunt than the 103 and the 107

They're not making them any better that's for sure. Cutting corners here and there. More use of plastic and Red Chinese crap. Life long HD devotee. I'm out. It's old HD's for me now. Better to keep what you already have and upgrade/rebuild.

Jack what do you Mean by updated reverse ? It Works Now ? :D

Somewhere around 2017. They beefed up the reverse motor and put a drain hole in the reverse motor also when you press reverse it now automatically brings the engine revs a few hundred RPMs so it takes less juice out of the battery .

I'm riding an '18 with a 107 stage 2. If I would have waited a year for the 114 I'm not sure that I would have needed a stage upgrade.

My reverse motor works like a champ.

At some point HD also upgraded the oil pump and I'm not sure what year they deleted the light on the front fender trim. Mine has it.

I love the Tobacco Fade color of the '24 models.

Hope they never change to the new fairing, but I'm sure they will not continue to manufacture two different style of fairings.

Pulled the trigger.

View attachment 117433

Pretty happy with her so far. Only thing I transferred from the Freewheeler was the rider backrest. Very happy with the increased power and smoother ride. I WILL be ordering some Rineharts to get rid of the sewing machine syndrome.

Nice color . . . looks an awful lot like mine. Good choice.

Attachments

• 2024 TG.jpg
    2024 TG.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 66
I was gonna get a 24 the price and interest rate was crazy enough. On top of that I could see much difference between them and the 21 I picked up with 1900 miles on it. I got all the money I paid for on my used 2014 . Swapped a lot of stuff over to the 21. Maybe I’ll get a new one when I retire, then again, maybe not.

I live in the country now, no garage, just a carport. Dust, dew, the occasional critter. Cover recommendations? Of course it's gotta have an antenna hole 😆

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png