Trike Mid Step

14TG

80+ Posts
Reaction score
This evening I just ordered a Trike Mid Step.

At first I was hesitant because it does look slightly different and “out of the norm” from the typical what the eyes are used to seeing…. But the more I kept looking, and videos of the install of what I’ve found, it quickly grew onto to me.

I do notice (and mentioned in one video I saw) is a slight loss of ground clearance, which I personally don’t see a huge issue there ….. And although it looks close, it does not appear to be blocking any of the oil drain plugs. I can say I’m really excited for this add-on and really looks like it’s going to be quite convenient.

I will be putting on matching floor boards too.

I would like to hear anyone else’s opinions, thoughts and/or input including Pros or Cons including their experience with the Trike Mid Step.

Thanks,

Brett

Attachments

• IMG_6054.jpeg
    IMG_6054.jpeg
    940.2 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_6055.jpeg
    IMG_6055.jpeg
    174.6 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_6056.jpeg
    IMG_6056.jpeg
    196.8 KB · Views: 22
This evening I just ordered a Trike Mid Step.

At first I was hesitant because it does look slightly different and “out of the norm” from the typical what the eyes are used to seeing…. But the more I kept looking, and videos of the install of what I’ve found, it quickly grew onto to me.

I do notice (and mentioned in one video I saw) is a slight loss of ground clearance, which I personally don’t see a huge issue there ….. And although it looks close, it does not appear to be blocking any of the oil drain plugs. I can say I’m really excited for this add-on and really looks like it’s going to be quite convenient.

I will be putting on matching floor boards too.

I would like to hear anyone else’s opinions, thoughts and/or input including Pros or Cons including their experience with the Trike Mid Step.

Thanks,

Brett

You will love them and wonder why they don't put such a thing on OEM bikes. Yes, you lose a bit of undercarrage clearance. I have never scraped on any speed bumps I have ever ridden over. I am careful though and aware of the less clearance. I go off road sometime on gravel roads and don't even think about it. I am aware of it when I go over speed bumps and that's really the only time I think about it.

You will love them and wonder why they don't put such a thing on OEM bikes. Yes, you lose a bit of undercarrage clearance. I have never scraped on any speed bumps I have ever ridden over. I am careful though and aware of the less clearance. I go off road sometime on gravel roads and don't even think about it. I am aware of it when I go over speed bumps and that's really the only time I think about it.

Hi Chuck!

Thank you for your reply… I appreciate your input. I really love your in-depth videos too!

- Brett

I've got to go against the grain on this one. IMO which doesn't mean much, the trikes are beautiful, but the third floorboard just seems to be a bit too much.

I have the mid step on my 17 TG with the aluminum boards that you can order them with.

I wondered if I would use them and bought them for my wife to get on and off easier since she has short legs.

Now I use them all the time and wonder why I hadn't got them sooner and she hasn't bought into them yet.

Bob

I have heard if you have a J&S trike jack, you can't use it with the mid step, just what I have heard, I'm sure that is the same with all trike jacks but I don't know for sure, maybe somebody will chime in and say before someone spends alot of money on these, I use the front floorboard to get on my trike with no problem, if I had the mid step it might be easier but for now I will stay the way I am.

All for now Trampas

I have heard if you have a J&S trike jack, you can't use it with the mid step, just what I have heard, I'm sure that is the same with all trike jacks but I don't know for sure, maybe somebody will chime in and say before someone spends alot of money on these, I use the front floorboard to get on my trike with no problem, if I had the mid step it might be easier but for now I will stay the way I am.

All for now Trampas

I have the J&S trike jack and also the mid step. No problem with using the jack with the mid step. Love the mid step for getting on and off the trike.

It’s nice but I have a hard time getting over the price.

Oh Yes, it definitely it not cheap, that’s for sure.

it does seem robust (500# rated) and made in the USA.

(I’m sure the price has made many deter away from it too).

I probably won’t be installing it immediately as I have it all apart getting paint done to it. But I’ll definitely report back with my own personal thoughts on it.

Thanks!

Hi Chuck!

Thank you for your reply… I appreciate your input. I really love your in-depth videos too!

- Brett

Thanks, I just do it my way as it is said. That being said, it's probably not always the best, but it is a way.

Oh Yes, it definitely it not cheap, that’s for sure.

it does seem robust (500# rated) and made in the USA.

(I’m sure the price has made many deter away from it too).

I probably won’t be installing it immediately as I have it all apart getting paint done to it. But I’ll definitely report back with my own personal thoughts on it.

Thanks!

I have some other upgrades including a tuner before I spend on that.

To me, it's nice cause you can move your legs (feet) in all different angles, while on a long ride...NOW you're not just sitting in one position, hours at a time.. I "think" it lessens fatigue.... (IT"S A GOOD IDEA!)

Ronnie

1/21/24

It’s nice but I have a hard time getting over the price.

Yes, I do agree 100%. I was certainly hesitant, but really liked the idea and I really think the wife will like and use it a lot.

it was just delivered today. I will say that the welds are real nice and a very nice gloss black powder coated finish.

I bought this trike the middle of September and got a really great deal on it. (It only has 5,800 miles on it).

I always customize my bikes and this is no different. All body parts are currently at the paint shop and it will be painted HOK (House Of Kolor) Candy Brandywine.

I have many parts, accessories and mods that I budgeted on this build, this Mid Step was added more for the wife.

The nice thing about the Mid Step is that it is very nice quality and made in the USA.

There is NO doubt this is overpriced for what it is. I’m certain if the price was lower, they would sell more. (JMO).

- Brett

IMG_6344.jpgIMG_6345.jpgIMG_6338.jpg

Yes, I do agree 100%. I was certainly hesitant, but really liked the idea and I really think the wife will like and use it a lot.

it was just delivered today. I will say that the welds are real nice and a very nice gloss black powder coated finish.

I bought this trike the middle of September and got a really great deal on it. (It only has 5,800 miles on it).

I always customize my bikes and this is no different. All body parts are currently at the paint shop and it will be painted HOK (House Of Kolor) Candy Brandywine.

I have many parts, accessories and mods that I budgeted on this build, this Mid Step was added more for the wife.

The nice thing about the Mid Step is that it is very nice quality and made in the USA.

There is NO doubt this is overpriced for what it is. I’m certain if the price was lower, they would sell more. (JMO).

- Brett

View attachment 116571View attachment 116572View attachment 116573

I’ve seen one in person and they are top notch built. Mrs Notgrownup seems to like it … I will probably end up with one like the sucker that I am. Just pacing myself. That color should pop like a diamond ….Looking forward to seeing it…my 21 has just over 2500 miles. I bought it last September with 1900 miles on it… Garage queen for sure. The tuner and decatting is mostly for heat management. My warranty is out and I now have an Extended one from Jim Palmer. Good luck on your mods. Looks like fun.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png