Leaking Trunk

I’ve seen this posted before. Does not seem like a common problem. The standard answer is get a tube of silicone sealant, try to find where the leak is coming from inside the trunk area and then just seal it up. If that doesn’t work. I would call Will at CSC in Virginia. Good luck. my 2021 CSC try kit that I got done in October has not been rained on or washed yet. Lol. I need to test mine out to see if it’s leaking?

Last year on a road trip, I had to deal with some heavy rains while parked at hotel and water got into my trunk. It seemed like the trunk was closing pretty solid and checked it with a dollar bill slid between weather stripping in several places and trunk door. It pulled out with resistance every where I checked.

I looked closer at the weatherstripping that surrounded the opening and found one section on top right where it was deformed and not fully seated so wasn't tightly fitting. I unbent it and made sure it was fitted properly. That seemed to do the trick. One other thing I noticed was that it tends to sometimes pull away in top corners.

What I did was to pull the weatherstripping away from the bottom and sides and carefully pressed it back on in the upper corners and then did the sides. When I fitted it back to the bottom, I made sure to push it in tightly to the bottom corners to make sure that it stayed in place. There ends up being a gap of an inch or 2 in bottom in center.

Not sure if that's by design or not. For good measure, after I got home, I pulled that weatherstripping back off again and put a small bead of silicone sealant inside the lip and reinstalled the weatherstripping again. It seems to have solved the problem.

When ironhorse54 and I picked up our CSC trikes and rode back to his house we started looking at everything. I noticed that sometimes the two cables that hold the door when it’s open can lay across the rubber seal when the door is closed. That may cause the seal to leak at that spot when it rains. But it’s an easy fix - first just work that spot with your fingers to remove the “dent” caused by the cable, then just make sure that when you close the door that the cable is not laying across the seal.

Washed my 2021 DCT with the new CSC trike conversion kit for the first time yesterday. Put a very hard spray on the back trunk area Checking for leaks. Very happy to say no leaks.

Glad to hear that. My trike (CSC Conversion) is almost two years old and I have not experienced any sort of leaks.

By the way, I see you are in Glen Allen, VA. I am very familiar with that area. Am originally from Richmond and still have family in Glen Allen.

What school did you attend (if you were there as a child)

I’m Eddie. If you get down to this area give me a call and hopefully we can catch up for lunch. 804–5 39–7811.

Eddie - great to meet you. My name is Don. We still visit since we have family there.

I know the West Point area too. Dad and I use to hear that way to go fishing. That was way before 64 was completed. We also fished in Diascund Reservoir. Use to catch tons of bass there - small and large mouth.

If I head that way on the trike, will give you a message.

Thanks

leaking trunk fix

I have a 2021 Goldwing CSC Trike. Everytime is rains the trunks get water in it. Any suggestions on a fix?

I tried the small diameter tube inside the large part of the hole if the weather stripping, removed original and used weather sealant to put back in place -had no joy. Contacted CSC and they sent me a new piece of weather stripping. The piece that was installed was short and not fitted in the corners. Someone posted correct procedures for fitting- Start in center bottom of trunk and as you get close to corners insure you have enough stripping going into the corners-use plastic mallet with light taps to push weather stripping all the way down. particularly in the corners. Note-the new replacement piece will be to long and you will have to cut a couple of inches off when you make your way back around to start point. Use the weather seal glue if you want.

Yo, Dan. Looks like I found you in Michigan? When was the last time you were in West Point area? My brother, NJ, Mike and I are talking about this now. Are you familiar or remember any names that you knew of back then? Just gibber jabbering.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astrocreep

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astrocreep
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png