Interested in a get together, Sugestions

Jarhead1775

250+ Posts
Nov 20, 2023
Chula Vista, CA
Ladies and Gents, how about a get together this June July or August. We all shoot the breeze on these threads together. Thought it would be righteous for us to all meet up Shake hands, enjoy a few laughs and have a great summer ride. As a starting point it appears that according to the internet the center point for America is roughly Kensington, Kansas.

San Diego to there 1408 miles, Seattle, WA is 1607 miles, Bangor, MA is 1902 and Jacksonville, FL is 1573. This is just an idea. PS I'm willing to ride further. It's totally coincidental that Kensington KS is closer to me. :clapping:

Who's up for it? Suggestions, recommendations ideas.

Got to get my motor running right. It is a little under the weather now. Low fuel pressure, changed fuel filter about 6 months ago, and I looked in the tank today and I could see gas spraying from one of the connections on the filter. Looks like a bad 'O'ring. Low compression both cylinders, lots of oil in the throttle body even though both cylinders are vented to a catch can. Took it to Arizona over this past weekend for tuning, that didn't happen, was told for about 10K$ I could have a bright new shiny 131 cu in motor installed on my bike with a 1 year warranty.

Got to get my motor running right. It is a little under the weather now. Low fuel pressure, changed fuel filter about 6 months ago, and I looked in the tank today and I could see gas spraying from one of the connections on the filter. Looks like a bad 'O'ring. Low compression both cylinders, lots of oil in the throttle body even though both cylinders are vented to a catch can. Took it to Arizona over this past weekend for tuning, that didn't happen, was told for about 10K$ I could have a bright new shiny 131 cu in motor installed on my bike with a 1 year warranty.
Time for a leak down test.I wouldn't let a dyno tuner within 5 meters of any of my motors. Biggest scam there is.

What would a trip like that involve for you? How far are the Keys from you. What's it like in the Keys? Never been to Florida but once when I lived in Ocean Springs MS. And then we just barely crossed into FL.

What would a trip like that involve for you? How far are the Keys from you. What's it like in the Keys? Never been to Florida but once when I lived in Ocean Springs MS. And then we just barely crossed into FL.

It is a 10 hour ride to Key West from my house

It is a tropical hot spot, Very laid back tourist trap

We go on the off season, it is cheaper, tho I have been there a couple of times in

February riding with a Canadian friend of mine, very expensive when the Snowbird come down here

I rode my 07 Street Bob there twice, once before it blew up and once after

There are many great places to swim and relax, our favorite is Sombrero Beach on Marathon Key ( the middle Key)

Looks really nice just checked out a FL map and some pictures of the keys. Never realized it before. Looks like a good place to Kayak too. That's like me going from San Diego to San Francisco. Long Haul. Sounds like fun hope you make it. Let us know how it goes when you get back.

Looks really nice just checked out a FL map and some pictures of the keys. Never realized it before. Looks like a good place to Kayak too. That's like me going from San Diego to San Francisco. Long Haul. Sounds like fun hope you make it. Let us know how it goes when you get back.

I was in Frisco to see the Grateful Dead in 67, what a great time @ the Fillmore

Need I say more :cool:

Mapquest claims 23 hours 48 minutes..... from my front door.... Gulp :mega-shock:! @ 73 years old this may be just a tad toooooooo far..... and I love RTE's, wish you live'd close'rrr, cause I love meeting all the folks that we type back ~n~ forth with every day...

Many of my NOW ride'n friends r folks like yourself, that starts a RTE and the rest happens, we meet and now a good friendship happens..

Ronnie

2/7/24

Mapquest claims 23 hours 48 minutes..... from my front door.... Gulp :mega-shock:! @ 73 years old this may be just a tad toooooooo far..... and I love RTE's, wish you live'd close'rrr, cause I love meeting all the folks that we type back ~n~ forth with every day...

Many of my NOW ride'n friends r folks like yourself, that starts a RTE and the rest happens, we meet and now a good friendship happens..

Ronnie

2/7/24

yeah Ronnie I know how you feel. Seems like most of the folk are along way from California.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png