Been cooking Bacon wrong

cScjhb

2500+ Posts
Reaction score
For my entire Bacon career I've been frying bacon in a frying pan. Saw an article on-line about cooking it in the oven. Tried it and like it.....a lot! Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with foil (for easy clean up). Put in oven for 12 to 15 minutes depending upon crispness desired.

While bacon is cooking, I get my griddle and pancakes, french toast, eggs, etc ready. Remove bacon from oven and place on paper towels to remove grease. Place used paper towel on foil to soak up left over bacon grease, fold up and dispose. Cookie sheet still nice and clean and NO bacon spatter on the stove!

The article said restaurants/buffets use ovens when cooking large quantities of bacon. Thought I'd post this in case there is anyone else here who might like bacon.....!!!!!

For my entire Bacon career I've been frying bacon in a frying pan. Saw an article on-line about cooking it in the oven. Tried it and like it.....a lot! Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with foil (for easy clean up). Put in oven for 12 to 15 minutes depending upon crispness desired.

While bacon is cooking, I get my griddle and pancakes, french toast, eggs, etc ready. Remove bacon from oven and place on paper towels to remove grease. Place used paper towel on foil to soak up left over bacon grease, fold up and dispose. Cookie sheet still nice and clean and NO bacon spatter on the stove!

The article said restaurants/buffets use ovens when cooking large quantities of bacon. Thought I'd post this in case there is anyone else here who might like bacon.....!!!!!

Bakein Bacon ?..🥓 That’s the way nudist cook bacon…😱… Ralph Nader was a nudist and that’s how he cooked bacon…😁..

Bakein Bacon ?..🥓 That’s the way nudist cook bacon…😱… Ralph Nader was a nudist and that’s how he cooked bacon…😁..

Trying to get that visual picture OUT of my mind! I can't imagine frying bacon in a pan while naked.....:afraid:

I cook bacon in the microwave and it comes out good. A paper plate and a paper towel, easy clean up throw the plate and towel away. I very rarely use the oven and it stays clean.

I cook bacon in the microwave and it comes out good. A paper plate and a paper towel, easy clean up throw the plate and towel away. I very rarely use the oven and it stays clean.

How long in the Microwave? Does it come out crispy?

I have a side burner on the bbq. Make the mess outside…:clapping: Save the grease for the bird swett..

At my club on work weekends, and during the hunting season I will cook breakfast 5:30Am for as much as 25+ people….bacon on a flat top grill with sausage and also pancakes..(I mixed batter the night before)….I do not do eggs people are too particular on how they want them cooked so I let the Nancy’s do it themselves. I just leave the eggs out there in the cartons and I lower the heat on the grill..I just yell to them the eggs are out there in the kitchen the grill is on cook them yourself..🫡

My wife has cooked bacon in the oven for years when the kids come to visit.

The oven is also a good place to cook "up' or over easy eggs when you have a bunch of hungry people

The oven is a good place to cure wrinkle black paint on Harley parts:laugh:

I also have been known to heat heads before installing new valve guides

The oven is a good place to cure wrinkle black paint on Harley parts:laugh:

I also have been known to heat heads before installing new valve guides

And you didn’t have to buy your wife a new oven….I remember when I bought my wife’s hair dryer down to the garage….I ended up with a new shop tool..😱

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png