Rear Brake Master?

Hey LadyKitty

I have a feeling you and I have just about the same trikes. Mine is a 2001 Suzuki VS800 Intuder with Lehman Kit. Having brake issues too, but I have a brake leak. I have the same PM Master Cylinder on mine.

Hey LadyKitty

I have a feeling you and I have just about the same trikes. Mine is a 2001 Suzuki VS800 Intuder with Lehman Kit. Having brake issues too, but I have a brake leak. I have the same PM Master Cylinder on mine.

Interesting.......LadyKitty has a 2000 VS800 Suzuki/Lehman with PM Master Cylinder. You've got a 2001 VS800 Suzuki/Lehman with PM Master Cylinder. My lady friend has a 2002 VS800 Suzuki/Lehman, but it doesn't have the PM Master Cylinder. Her's has what I believe is probably a stock rear brake master cylinder from the 2-wheeled version of a VS1400 as "chadgroen" suggested earlier in this thread. The master cylinder is located underneath the trike and is integrated with the end of the stock Suzuki rear brake cable/rod and has a separate brake fluid reservoir behind the right side cover of the trike. The mystery continues as to design changes made by Lehman over the various years........;).........will be posting in your other brake-related thread after this.......

Been waiting on my mechanic, who's been swamped since they got back from CA. Tired of waiting. Heading for Conway, AR to Freedom Suzuki tomorrow, with trike, to see if this master cylinder can be rebuilt or what I need to do next. Will keep all updated.

Interesting.......LadyKitty has a 2000 VS800 Suzuki/Lehman with PM Master Cylinder. You've got a 2001 VS800 Suzuki/Lehman with PM Master Cylinder. My lady friend has a 2002 VS800 Suzuki/Lehman, but it doesn't have the PM Master Cylinder. Her's has what I believe is probably a stock rear brake master cylinder from the 2-wheeled version of a VS1400 as "chadgroen" suggested earlier in this thread. The master cylinder is located underneath the trike and is integrated with the end of the stock Suzuki rear brake cable/rod and has a separate brake fluid reservoir behind the right side cover of the trike. The mystery continues as to design changes made by Lehman over the various years........;).........will be posting in your other brake-related thread after this.......

I have a 2001 VS800 Suzuki/Lehman with rear master under right rear fender and reservoir behind right side cover also. Tried to clean off the crud but can't read any markings on it. Looked up VS1400 rear master and can only find picture of handlebar mounted unit. However, mine does sort of look like the one LadyKitty has on the outside of her trike. Do you know any more about this cylinder?

I have a slight leak (maybe the seal) but have found nothing on the internet so far.

Thanks.

I have a 2001 VS800 Suzuki/Lehman with rear master under right rear fender and reservoir behind right side cover also. Tried to clean off the crud but can't read any markings on it. Looked up VS1400 rear master and can only find picture of handlebar mounted unit. However, mine does sort of look like the one LadyKitty has on the outside of her trike. Do you know any more about this cylinder? I have a slight leak (maybe the seal) but have found nothing on the internet so far. Thanks.

(This thread seems to have gotten lost in the black hole of private messaging, LOL!)

Trying to figure out which rear brake master cylinder you've got.

So far, it seems like the 2000 and 2001 models used the PM units like the one pictured in LadyKitty's post. The 2002 model that I work on has a rear brake master cylinder that looks like this:

94 SUZUKI VS1400 VS 1400 INTRUDER REAR MASTER CYLINDER BRAKE #7 | eBay

And a separate fluid reservoir that looks like this:

Suzuki 1987-2009 VS1400 Rear Master Cylinder Reservoir | eBay

Does your's look like the Suzuki master cylinder above or like the PM master cylinder on LadyKitty's ?

If it's the Suzuki one, there's some parts available for it, either thru a Suzuki dealership or online parts sources like http://www.bikebandit.com/ and http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/ If it's the Performance Machine (PM) master cylinder, you'd have to find a rebuild kit for it. As mentioned by Bazooka earlier in this thread, both Performance Machine and Lehman are sponsors of this site and both have reps that can hopefully chime in with their more experienced and knowledgeable input......

Also, please keep in mind that if you ever have any questions about the Suzuki portion of your trike, there's the Intruder Alert Cafe website that's dedicated to all models of the Suzuki Intruder, Volusia and Boulevard.

I tried to get the link for their website for you, but couldn't get to the site right now. Will try again and if successful, will post that link for you here.........Ride Safe

Edit: Here ya go: http://www.intruderalert.com/

Hi LadyKitty...What was the final outcome of your brake cylinder repair?

Thought the group would like to see this one. I also have a 2001 Suzuki/Lehman VS800 and suspected a leak around the rear master cylinder. Like Ol' Grey, mine is beneath the right rear fender.

Didn't know exactly what brand I have, so got a floor jack under the trike and onto some 4x4 supports. Cleaned off the road grime with brake cleaner spray to get a better look. Next door neighbor is always working on bikes in his garage and he took a look at the suspected problem. Well, lo and behold, he just snugged all the line fittings and after we checked it out - no leaks!

Whew! Dodged the new cylinder/rebuild bullet. But here's the interesting part.
I don't have a PM cylinder or the one used on the VS1400. Mine is a Grimeca 19mm rear master with an "up arm". (There is also a "down arm" version).

Grimeca is an Italian company, in business a long time building brake parts for many different cycles.

Yes, this is a regular Lehman conversion.

I bought the trike used but recall the fellow I bought it from saying it was a 2005 or 2006 conversion.

I found a few parts houses that sell new cylinders for about $115 and also carry a rebuild kit. Hope this helps a fellow triker.

So, just to throw another brand into the mix, here is a picture of the Grimeca:

vbpgimage.php

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png