Trike cam upgrades 2018 M 8 107 Air cooled TRIKE PEOPLE ONLY

Biker Bill

5+ Posts
Reaction score
I'm trying to get i information on Stage ll upgrades for my Triglide. I've been hearing from many two wheel riders that don't really apply to a Trike set up. Sure we have the same engine M 8 107 CI but there is more to it for the Trike angle.

So please any Trike people with Info on a TRIKE cam up grade which they did. With info I can use on mine would be greatly appreciated.

What worked for you. Cam ETC, tuner dyno or no dyno. I have Arlen Ness Big sucker air kit with Rhinhart 4 1/2" pipes.

Thanks for any info

Bill

I'm trying to get i information on Stage ll upgrades for my Triglide. I've been hearing from many two wheel riders that don't really apply to a Trike set up. Sure we have the same engine M 8 107 CI but there is more to it for the Trike angle.

So please any Trike people with Info on a TRIKE cam up grade which they did. With info I can use on mine would be greatly appreciated.

What worked for you. Cam ETC, tuner dyno or no dyno. I have Arlen Ness Big sucker air kit with Rhinhart 4 1/2" pipes.

Thanks for any info

Bill

I have used Zippers Red Shift 468 cam lots of low end torque its good from around 1800 rpm to 4200 great trike cam Zippers also has a Thunder Max tuner with wide band 02 sensors that they should have tune for a 2018 the Thunder Max is not cheap. If you have not done a oil pump in yours yet you should do it at the same time. All the ones I have done owners really liked them .

Check Fuelmoto ,they have cam charts with many choices that they have installed. Are you doing it yourself, dealership or independent shop? Will you have it dyno tuned. Whoever you use and trust needs to be involved in your choice. What riding style will you want? Towing a trailer or not. Make sure you know what power band you’re looking for.

Geezzzz

Check Fuelmoto ,they have cam charts with many choices that they have installed. Are you doing it yourself, dealership or independent shop? Will you have it dyno tuned. Whoever you use and trust needs to be involved in your choice. What riding style will you want? Towing a trailer or not. Make sure you know what power band you’re looking for.

I'm just looking for some more kick in lower to midrange. I've looked into the Woods WM 8-222-XE which was highly recommended as well as the S & S 475. Will replace oil pump, pushrods with Quickie hydraulic, & tappet cuffs. The bike only has 13500 miles so I don't think I need anything else. I'm not a hotrodder, but I like too keep up with the boys on two wheels, lol.

A friend with 20 years experience is doing the install, We'll take to Harley for a dyno.

Thanks for the response.

Bill

Thanks

I have used Zippers Red Shift 468 cam lots of low end torque its good from around 1800 rpm to 4200 great trike cam Zippers also has a Thunder Max tuner with wide band 02 sensors that they should have tune for a 2018 the Thunder Max is not cheap. If you have not done a oil pump in yours yet you should do it at the same time. All the ones I have done owners really liked them .

Thanks for the reply, I'm leaning towards the Woods WM 8-22-XE, or the S & S 475 with quickie push rods, tappet cuffs & new oil pump etc. Will ship too A Harley for dyno. None close.

Thanks

Bill

That woods cam will wake it up good. Looks like it has some low end grunt. I am not sure what I will do if anything. My 21 with the 114” is quite impressive. I just need to get rid of the catalytic converter and give it a tuner with a bit richer tune to eliminate the ping. Maybe wake it up a bit.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png