Looking to convert

Reaction score
I have a2003 Electric glide classic with 37k miles and looking to convert to a trike. I have narrowed down my options to the Daytona or the Gladiator kits. My questions are 1. Is one any better than the other. 2. Is the installation very difficult to do myself, I can Handel a wrench. 3. What options are worth the added expense. Thanks in advance for any suggestions, in-site, and help.

I have a2003 Electric glide classic with 37k miles and looking to convert to a trike. I have narrowed down my options to the Daytona or the Gladiator kits. My questions are 1. Is one any better than the other. 2. Is the installation very difficult to do myself, I can Handel a wrench. 3. What options are worth the added expense. Thanks in advance for any suggestions, in-site, and help.

Welcome Chuck. They are both good quality kits, but neither company will sell directly to a customer, they both require a factory trained dealer install the kit for liability and warranty purposes.

Both pf these are great conversions. I had the MotorTrike on my Wing and have the CSC on my Harley.

Should you convert, I might recommend that you get the reverse and the running boards. In addition, please get the rake kit - well worth it.

As you get closer to your decision, keep us informed and we can share some additional comments.

Enjoy and welcome.

kAY6FK9.jpg

motortrike

I’m about to do the trike conversion and have a quote from MotorTrike and completed the worksheet. I’ve included the mechanical reverse and the rake kit. I have no idea about the parking brake…need it? Also considering the fender bras; what I didn’t feel the need for was the running boards…why? Just for more area to move your feet around? Any other suggestions/comments? beautful bike!

I’m about to do the trike conversion and have a quote from MotorTrike and completed the worksheet. I’ve included the mechanical reverse and the rake kit. I have no idea about the parking brake…need it? Also considering the fender bras; what I didn’t feel the need for was the running boards…why? Just for more area to move your feet around? Any other suggestions/comments? beautful bike!

Good luck with your MotorTrike conversion - I had one earlier and it is a nice kit.

About the running boards, that is your decision. I liked the fact that I added them. In my opinion, they look really nice - also keep the road rain off of your feet.

I was at a bike rally last year, Other guy had a trike conversion. I have both the running boards and light bar. Guy's wife saw our trike and told her husband - when we get home, let's order this. He did. Cost a little more to do it afterwards - but he said he really like it.

Chuck…Welcome to Trike Talk…👍👍..

A RAKE KIT makes ride'n your new TRIKE, 100% better and easier to steer.........

B lower running boards, make it easier to ride in cold or wet weather

C lower running boards, gives you a place to put your feet in different locations

Ronnie

3/11/24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png