Tri Glide extended reach seat

scuzzi

10+ Posts
Reaction score
G'day brains trust. Ive been scouring the net to find an extended reach seat for the 2013 tri glide. I was looking at saddlemen but when i contacted them they said they don't make an extended reach version for it.

Ive read that their are gaps if you use an ultra seat on the tri glide.

Has anyone had any experience with getting a seat with more leg room for a TG?

They are off so I don’t know if it fits with them. I just took them off because I don’t want them on. Mrs Notgrownup doesn’t like them on.

You guy's posts now have me wondering if the reason my new adjustable backrest didn't fit right with my Tallboy seat was the fact that my passenger grab rails were still on?

You guy's posts now have me wondering if the reason my new adjustable backrest didn't fit right with my Tallboy seat was the fact that my passenger grab rails were still on?

i got a hd Tallboy seat from the dealer but it doesnt fit with the grab rails on. with rails on there is a big gap under the seat and cant do the rear bolt up as its too far up from the thread. fits ok with grabrails off and rubber stoppers off. The tallboy seat sits me lower which defeats the purpose of trying to reduce the knee angle and get more leg room. still looking for a solution where the grab rails are on and i am moved back a bit, not back and down.

i got a hd Tallboy seat from the dealer but it doesnt fit with the grab rails on. with rails on there is a big gap under the seat and cant do the rear bolt up as its too far up from the thread. fits ok with grabrails off and rubber stoppers off. The tallboy seat sits me lower which defeats the purpose of trying to reduce the knee angle and get more leg room. still looking for a solution where the grab rails are on and i am moved back a bit, not back and down.

Harley says it's "Not compatible with Adjustable Rider Backrest kits." https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/en/shop/tallboy-seat/p/52000252 (Under Details)

How much lower would you estimate the seat sits you? I'm looking to sit lower and I like the look of that seat.

I adjusted my tank a little forward to help the seat fit better at the rear bolt, like 1/2” maybe. The ultimate seat uses its own backrest so will not work with the factory backrest. The grab bars are what he was asking about. Mine are off the bike.

Harley says it's "Not compatible with Adjustable Rider Backrest kits." https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/en/shop/tallboy-seat/p/52000252 (Under Details)

How much lower would you estimate the seat sits you? I'm looking to sit lower and I like the look of that seat.

feels like an inch lower but difficult to say, its very different from the standard seat in feel. maybe because its new it feels a lil slippery and not as planted as the original seat.

It does let me operate the brake much better, so that was proof of concept for me. with the grab rails off and no strap (theres one in the seat box but no idea where to bolt it to.) so no pillion for a while til i figure it out.

some harley shops will let ya demo seats and that one i prolly shoulda demo'd first its just a std tourer tall boy.

bolt at the back can be a bastard to get in.

IMG_2466.jpgIMG_2467.jpgIMG_2468.jpg

well probably shoulda listened to Notgrownup earlier..

The Mustang extended reach seat fitted straight on with grab rails

still got a lil bit of gap but seat mounts solid and comfortable. Pillion is much happier also and claims more comfort over the stock seat for her.

Coupled with the Kuryakyn Extended Brake Pedal has given me a safe operating angle for my rear brake lever (my knee doesn't bent far enough for stock setup)

Thanks guys :)

IMG_2597.jpg

IMG_2599.jpg

I have been running a Road King reach seat on all my Freewheelers since new, My local dealer has a demo loaner seat program, it works good even though the HD parts book says it will not fit, it does, but there is a small gap on both sides at the side covers

And Harley would be correct, more or less. I left my passenger grab rails on. So in order to get the seat bolt to line up I had to move the bracket back about 3/4". This would be the metal bracket on the bottom of the seat that the rear bolt goes down through.

The seat is solid and my Harley adjustable driver backrest also fits.

And Harley would be correct, more or less. I left my passenger grab rails on. So in order to get the seat bolt to line up I had to move the bracket back about 3/4". This would be the metal bracket on the bottom of the seat that the rear bolt goes down through.

The seat is solid and my Harley adjustable driver backrest also fits.

Yes and no, it does not cost anything to demo a seat

Unless you do not have a dealer near you

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png