Dealer Charging For CC usage

ISP-FL

600+ Posts
Mar 16, 2017
Lake Suzy, FL USA
Made a $400 plus parts purchase at my local dealer yesterday. They (Bert's Black Widow Harley, Port Charlotte FL) have changed over to adding 3% for any credit card usage. We have gotten used to using our CC for about everything and then enjoying the cash back on our monthly bill, those days might be coming to a close.

The good part was with this unexpected transaction was they gave me my 10% Veterans discount, so with not paying the 3% and getting another 10% knocked off it made me feel like my two items were on sale!

When I quote tires to anyone I tell them that's the cash price. 4% fee for card transactions. The machine does the math and adds it on. The totals at the end of the month was getting to be too much to absorb. Most people bring the money if they have it.

Out here in Jersey...........Most gas stations add on 8 to 10¢ a gallon for credit card usage....

Some for a short time...Will Charge the same cash or credit...

Haven't seen those signs on the pumps around here for years. I just figured they jacked it up 4% for everybody and left it at that.

When I quote tires to anyone I tell them that's the cash price. 4% fee for card transactions. The machine does the math and adds it on. The totals at the end of the month was getting to be too much to absorb. Most people bring the money if they have it.

I had a girl pickup her Jeep today, Insurance job $6000 plus, she cashed the Insurance check & wanted to pay me with a card so she gets the points. I tell her that will cost me over $250. I want check or cash. I got a check. at the end of the month its a lot of money.

All of these card fees are interesting. I was at a restaurant the other day - the credit card fee was 3% - about $30.

When I got home, my credit card gave me points at 3% for dining - so, I got back $30. Hopefully, this stuff will go away some day as we are just moving money around.

All of these card fees are interesting. I was at a restaurant the other day - the credit card fee was 3% - about $30.

When I got home, my credit card gave me points at 3% for dining - so, I got back $30. Hopefully, this stuff will go away some day as we are just moving money around.

Must be some restaurant.....$1,000 meal :D

I had a girl pickup her Jeep today, Insurance job $6000 plus, she cashed the Insurance check & wanted to pay me with a card so she gets the points. I tell her that will cost me over $250. I want check or cash. I got a check. at the end of the month its a lot of money.

My CCard pays me 1.5% cash back, so I use that cash back to purchase my fuel oil, that heats my house and hot water... Been doing this for a few years now, and haven't had to pay a oil bill in over three years now............It surely helps!

BUT I can't imagine, how much stores or gas stations must pay a year, for C/C fee's when 99% of buyers use their CCards... This is something, that buyer's never even think about... WOW!!

Ronnie

3/15/24

My CCard pays me 1.5% cash back, so I use that cash back to purchase my fuel oil, that heats my house and hot water... Been doing this for a few years now, and haven't had to pay a oil bill in over three years now............It surely helps!

BUT I can't imagine, how much stores or gas stations must pay a year, for C/C fee's when 99% of buyers use their CCards... This is something, that buyer's never even think about... WOW!!

Ronnie

3/15/24

Ronnie......Why do you heat hot water.......>??:laugh:...

Must be some restaurant.....$1,000 meal :D

Yep - nice place - buy, it wasn't just me. By the way, there was an automatic 18% gratuity - and this was for a buffet.

We had a quote before going. The quote did not include the fee. When we paid the bill, I was told that this was a recent add to the restaurant.

I shared that, had they told me, I could have provided a check - and/or even brought enough cash. While the meal and venue was nice, it is doubtful that I would return to this lace again. Too many mix-ups.

The first was, I made the arrangements for 7:15 PM. Called them at 4 PM to confirm our number and the time of arrival. At 7PM when our show was over, I called to say we were on the way - ETS was 7:18. Meanwhile, I got two phone calls - one at 6:30 asking where I was. The second at 7:25 saying we had reservations for 6:30 PM.

I was there by 7:18 PM -so, don't know how or why they did not know that. Next, I referred the banquet manager to my e-mail that said our laser show was over at 6:45 and my planned arrival time was 7:15

All she said was - looks like she wrote down the wrong time. As for my calls at 4PM and 7PM - she said the front desk did not relay the message.

So, all of this money - nope, not returning.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png