Battery ??

Noodles107

250+ Posts
Dec 8, 2022
Myrtle Beach SC USA
Got all dressed up this morning for a great ride on a beautiful day … turn signals flashing and a horrible sound like screeching metal when I push the start button, fob has new battery. Help please is always appreciated

Sounds like a starter drive to me, most of the time when they go bad, they will Screech. Is the battery good ? How old is it ?

Luckily :mad: the battery was dead. We got the Trike about a year and a half ago with what I think is the original HD battery. Put in a new one and was hesitant to push start because the noise was wicked ... started right up, everything nice again. Sorta kinda glad to put in a new one with a new "use by" date :)

IMG_9527.jpg

Freewheelers dont have a factory anti-theft system that has a built in audible alarm from the factory?
The connector is there. One has to add the siren.Which does absolutely nothing. (Radio Shack) Roll the trike forward and back, jiggle wiggle ,jump up and down...nothing.Jacked up one side and it finally went off.

Glad it didn't happen on the road for you.

Yep, most of the time that's where it usually happens.

As batteries age they have a tendency to lose flakes off their plates that sink to the bottom of their respective cells. When a plate has lost enough flakes the new flake falling off will short out between the positive and negative plates and that cell 'dies' so you no longer have a stout 14+ volts feeding the starter. That's why the battery was "good" one one start but not the next.

Freewheelers dont have a factory anti-theft system that has a built in audible alarm from the factory?

The FLRT has a security system from the factory minus the audible alarm, wiggle my trike and the lights will flash, this is very good for what it is, tho if a thief wants your ride they will steal it any way

Stay aware and be safe, Nuff Said:)

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David Davis

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David Davis
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png