Radial vs Bias Ply

Feb 22, 2011
Brocton,NY,USA
Hi all. I am looking into replacing the front tire on my 2010 GL1800/Champion trike. What I was wondering was, if the rear tires are radials and the current front is a radial should I be looking for a radial? What handeling differance will there be with a bias on front. I have about 7500 on the dunlop on front now and the center is gone. I have a rake kit installed and love the way the bike handles. I'm thinking of the Michelin Pilot but see it is a bias. It seems like I had heard that with 4 wheels you need to keep the same type of tire all the way around.

Thanks

Hi all. I am looking into replacing the front tire on my 2010 GL1800/Champion trike. What I was wondering was, if the rear tires are radials and the current front is a radial should I be looking for a radial? What handeling differance will there be with a bias on front. I have about 7500 on the dunlop on front now and the center is gone. I have a rake kit installed and love the way the bike handles. I'm thinking of the Michelin Pilot but see it is a bias. It seems like I had heard that with 4 wheels you need to keep the same type of tire all the way around.

Thanks

I can tell you that the TG's come with a bias on the front and radials on the read. I was able to get 20,000 miles out of my front tire. It still had some mileage left but didn't want to push it.

you want a bias ply tire on the front for a trike. It has a stronger side wall.<br />
<br />
Some and I am one, run a bias sport rear tire in reverse rotation on the front of the trike. IT has more tread, last about 20,000 miles plus, run it at 40 psi min. The MIch Activ or the BT-45 are the most used on the front of trikes and are rear tires off of sport bikes.

Either . Bias has nothing to do with tube or tubeless. If u have spokes on the front you must use a tube , If it is a mag you can use either i use tubeless because it can be patched . look for a REAR tire the same size as the front tire you now have .Many use the Avon Battle axe or the Pilot Activ

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timetraveller

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timetraveller
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png