Goldwing fork brace

felixpirozzi

50+ Posts
Jan 30, 2011
PITTSBURGH PA
I have a 09 gl1800 with a IRS motortrike kit. Is there an advantage to a fork brace on a trike? I am fairly new to the trike but the steering seems as though it could be tighter, more responsive. I have 6000 miles on also put a 4 1/2 degree rake kit on. That helped a lot. Also put a michellin tire on the origional didn't last too long.

You're at the right place...ThumbUp...just drop down in this same TRIKE TALK.com-Honda Trikes Forum that You are in now, and I have a Thread about the SUPER BRACE on Gold Wing Trikes..."by coincidence", You have the exact same Trike I am riding...Quite a bit of Member Input there...ENJOY the Read.....ThumbUp

No, IMHO! But then I wouldn't put one on a 2 wheeler either. I believe there is very little, if any difference at all for the normal, conservative rider.
Now, it would be a different story if you were Nicky Hayden!
This is one opinion only. There are a lot of Fork Braces sold and a lot of people seem to love them.
There are some trike conversion manufactures that suggest NOT installing a fork brace!
About your front tire. There are also discussions on this always going on! After reading many of these on many boards and reading statements issued by 2 different tire manufacturers-I have mounted a BT45 in reverse on the front of my trike. I am reading of people getting 25,000+ miles from this set-up while most are complaining only getting 6,000 to 8,000 from OEM type front tires.

I put one on my 96se when it was a two wheeler,what I found was the steering was more resonposive at low speed you did not seem to have the lag time feel.
ThumbUpThumbUpThumbUpThumbUp

Thanks for the responce Skuuter. Seems to be a popular topic. It looks like I may be looking into a fork brace. Now it's the matter of which one. I used a Super Brace on a gl1200 I had, and it made a big difference.

Thanks for your input.
Felix

Thanks for the responce Skuuter. Seems to be a popular topic. It looks like I may be looking into a fork brace. Now it's the matter of which one. I used a Super Brace on a gl1200 I had, and it made a big difference.

Thanks for your input.
Felix

Thank You for joining TRIKE TALK .com and Your Forum participation.....after You make Your selection, and ride Your Trike, be sure to post Your evaluations for All of Us to read......:wtg:

So, does anyone know if they make a "superbrace" or some such device for anything other than a Goldwing, (such as a VTX)? Or if there is a need? As I've never owned or ridden a later year Goldwing, I'm not familiar with their handling characteristics.

So, does anyone know if they make a "superbrace" or some such device for anything other than a Goldwing, (such as a VTX)? Or if there is a need? As I've never owned or ridden a later year Goldwing, I'm not familiar with their handling characteristics.[/Q

Yes, they do. Google SuperBrace and go to their website for all the different configurations.