CanAm Spider

Reaction score
Has anyone driven the CanAm Spider? Have seen more and more of them on the road. Friend of mine has CanAm four wheeler and wanted me to get the Spider. Glad I stuck to my 1st choice but would like to try one out.:Shrug:

Has anyone driven the CanAm Spider? Have seen more and more of them on the road. Friend of mine has CanAm four wheeler and wanted me to get the Spider. Glad I stuck to my 1st choice but would like to try one out.:Shrug:

Yep, have ridden both Models, Sport and Tour...personally I prefer the Tour, but still like my Gold Wing better.....ThumbUp

Google to find your closest dealer and take your helment and sunglases. We took a 25 miles test ride and it cost us about as much time as going bowling or out to eat and was a whole lot more fun.

Check the "Other Trikes" forum on this site. CanAm Spyder info there. Might want to look at the thread "Bucket List". Remember it's just opinions, you have to make the decision.

Dwight

Wife and I rode the Spyder and the Tourer before we bought the Harley Tri-Glides. FUN to ride! Had a great time on the twisty roads in the canyons around here. Just didn't like the sitting position on either bike, more like a sport bike than a touring machine. If we were a bunch younger, maybe.... BUT don't let the opinion of a couple old fogies sway you one way or the other. Find a dealer that does test rides and plop your butt down and try it.

Wife and I rode the Spyder and the Tourer before we bought the Harley Tri-Glides. FUN to ride! Had a great time on the twisty roads in the canyons around here. Just didn't like the sitting position on either bike, more like a sport bike than a touring machine. If we were a bunch younger, maybe.... BUT don't let the opinion of a couple old fogies sway you one way or the other. Find a dealer that does test rides and plop your butt down and try it.

My better half seen your photo and said, " See , there is no reason I can't have a trike too, Get another 2011 Ultra Trike for me". LOL

Vesta (wife) is an absolute terror on her Trike. It was hard enough to follow her through the canyons when she was on 2 wheels. I finally broke down and bought a bike to bike intercom so I could tell her it was time to stop for a but rest.

I actually bought a red one and had it for about 4 months. Even with the 4" risers on it I could not get out of a lean forward feel. Back problems and surgery don't allow me to stay in that position for any length of time before pain starts.

Other than that it rode real well and I enjoyed the bike.

I'm sure they're a good machine, but IMHO they're just ugly. They look like a snowmobile with wheels. Maybe I'm just set in my ways.:giggle:

Took it in after the breakin period, cost $380. Problems with an inaccurate fuel guage, just had it disconected. getting 35 miles+ per gallon otherwise. I really enjoy the ride, will be getting highway pegs eventually.

Tested, both models street and touring. It is a different ride, and in keeping an open mind, there will not be one in my future. I could not ajust to the ride positions an just never felt settled. Just my experence, many love it, so I say ride what make ya happy

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png