Fender protection

Reaction score
Was washing my bike yesterday and noticed first CHIP IN PAINT!!!! :mad: Ordered protective mats but am leary of having holes drilled for snaps. Friend of mine is excellent upholstery man but ......anyone have mats on fenders please let me know if this is the right thing to do.:AGGHH:

Was washing my bike yesterday and noticed first CHIP IN PAINT!!!! :mad: Ordered protective mats but am leary of having holes drilled for snaps. Friend of mine is excellent upholstery man but ......anyone have mats on fenders please let me know if this is the right thing to do.:AGGHH:

Have had mine on for over a year. Love them.

Another option is to use the 3M peel and stick on clear protective sheeting on your fenders. I had it put on my trike from the factory. Protects from stone chips and lets the paint color shine through. I am pretty sure you can purchase and install yourself.

do they sell the 3m products at local stores , nappa,carqest or wally world ? great idea !! like that better then covers and holes in fenders.

You CAN do it yourself, but with all the curves and bends on the fenders it is not as simple to get it perfect. I had my film installed at Ziebart locally. I know others have had it done at a window tinting place. I love mine, BTW. Does a great job!

I tried my local window tinting place, they don't do that type of application, seems it's a special kind of material they don't stock. I understand it's available at Lowe's and my Home Depot, but I really don't want to tackle that job. I'll keep following this thread, maybe someone will come up with a good idea.

This thread is 6 years old my friend!
Having said that, the best I've seen in my years of trikes is LineX applied to the surfaces one want to protect.
Several colors can be matched or a contrasting color can be applied. One of the best I've seen was applied in a contrasting color and looked like flames as it when over the tops of the fenders.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png