Rally Schedule

Our Just A Triker Group

We'll be arriving Tuesday and staying at the campground right across the street from the motel. We're planning on a lot of touring.

ThumbUp

Ol' Calman, aka Master Chief, aka Cal and other sundry names, will be in the campground sometime late Thursday afternoon. Since the ol' left foot is still tender will be trailering.

Just got our bikes serviced and ready to roll. See you guys on Thursday. We are leaving here on Wed. and taking our time. Will stay in Hickory overnight, as I love to go to Blue Ridge Harley Davidson right down the road from the motel. We should be in MV somewhere around noon.

Stan66 Here.
Arriving Thursday afternoon, Ramada.
Coming in on a black HD FLHXXX (Handicapped plate MY3X), riding with the bride, who insists on riding her blue Indian Scout (plate INJUN).
Looking forward to meeting and greeting!

Anybody got a posible count as to how many attendees?

Oct%2031%202010

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f210/stan1966/Oct 31 2010/100_0751.jpg

Stan, we have around 175 who have pre-registered for name tags and the Saturday cookout. However, there are more who have said they will likely come for at least part of the weekend. I expect we will be somewhere around 175-200 total for the weekend.
So glad you and your wife can come... and tell her she made the right choice to ride her "INJUN"! :D

I am excited and I aint even coming . Next year I got a new tow car . As long as it works out. Got to test it next week end. I think I will blow off Americade and plan the week coming down to see ya all "God willing and the creek don't rise." Maybe the Northern delegation can form a convoy next year.

I am excited and I aint even coming . Next year I got a new tow car . As long as it works out. Got to test it next week end. I think I will blow off Americade and plan the week coming down to see ya all "God willing and the creek don't rise." Maybe the Northern delegation can form a convoy next year.

THIS sounds like a Great Idea....ThumbUp

This is the week.....:Excited:......and a number of our group are already getting on the road this morning --- leaving Scotland, Texas, Ohio, Michigan. Everyone be careful out there! Have a wonderful journey and we will see you in a couple of days in Maggie Valley!

Bazooka and I are both staying at the Four Seasons (I am in room 29) and we should be easy to find there if you need us or have a question.

Some general info:
  • Name tags: Please pick yours up from me and wear it all weekend -- we all "know" each other online, but will need a little help in person :)
  • Cookout tickets: Bazooka has these ready. They will need to be picked up from us ahead of time and brought to the picnic with you -- the only way you can be sure to get to eat (remember, there is Oreo Pie for dessert! ;))
  • Merchandise: TrikeTalk and and TOI t-shirts, flags, patches, decals, and ball caps will be available for sale throughout the weekend.
  • Suggested activity destinations, local restaurants, and detailed ride information will be available at both motels.
  • Please carry a contact number with you when you are out riding in case of emergency. Bazooka will have a truck and trailer there for the weekend and we could come haul you in case of a breakdown (God forbid!).
    Randy/Bazooka --- 334-648-0157
    Lesley/Nana --- 937-829-4995

Bazooka and I are both very excited about this rally. Our planning of it has been a team effort from day one, and we are looking forward to sharing every moment with you all! A few particular acknowledgements:
  • We've both got a right-hand-man/woman who support and help with details along the way, and will be pitching in this weekend too. Thanks to Marge, Claudia, and Mike who are so supportive of what we do and the time Randy and I put into the forum every day!
  • Skuuter has done a great job organizing the daily group ride and the suggested optional rides for those who prefer to go out independently!
  • Spiritdream (Cheri) put a lot of work into our name tags, and then at the last minute could not come, herself. We will miss you this weekend, Cheri!
  • Blondie Gal (Nancy) and Spiritdream worked up the list of suggested activity destinations in the area, and Nancy was instrumental in helping us find the caterer who will so ably feed us at the Saturday cookout!
  • Gorilla (Ted and MJ) have once again provided us with fantastic banners announcing our rally. They will be posted outside the motels, and we'd love you all to sign one of them for us. Believe me, both Randy and I consider these a cherished momento of a great weekend with our TrikeTalk family!
  • Thanks to any of you who have generously contributed to our door prizes raffle. These will be given out at the cookout.
  • We appreciate all our sponsors here, and a special thanks to those of you who have been able to come and support us in person this weekend. FYI, these folks will be set up for the weekend on the grounds of the museum, and we encourage you to stop in and visit them. You might even find some bling available over there........ ;)
  • Huge appreciation to Dale Walksler, the owner of Wheels Through Time Museum, who graciously invited us to make his property our very special "home" on Saturday for the picnic and then for a special rally-only museum opening that evening. Our museum admission will be discounted and they have also committed to add to our door prizes! The support for our rally planning and the assistance offered in hosting us this way has been fantastic! Thank you so much to Dale and Matt Walksler!!! You guys rock!

John, my plans exactly! Skipping Americade (maybe a day ride for the Expo) and going to the TrikeTalk rally instead!! Much more enjoyable, in my opinion!! :yes:

Nana has said thanks to a lot of people, but I'd like to include a note to those of you in the western states who really wanted to come and, because of distance and time, simply couldn't make it to Maggie Valley this year.

For 2012, Maury Champ is working diligently on a TT-West Rally to be held in July '12 in RENO, NV, so we can have TWO places to get together and meet our 'cousins on three'!!

Thanks to all you Southwest, Northwest, and West Coast folks for your support of our Maggie Valley Rally, and we hope to see lots of you next year in Reno!!

Re: Rally Question

Afternoon!

Question -- I have packed two folding chairs onto the trike for us to use if needed. But, are they really needed? Figger I can always just sit on the trike if necessary to smooz and talk. Whatcha think?

Stan66 :confused:

Actually Stan, you might enjoy the folding chairs at times. If it is raining, and we are all under the porch watching the rain.... well, don't think your trike will be up there too ;). I don't have room to bring chairs, but if you do....go for it!

Skuuter do you have the rides programed into your GPS? I tried putting them into my Garmin but acouple of the roads are not on the GPS map. If you have it loaded can you download a file to me. Thanks, Ted

No....actually I know the Routes, and won't ever get around to it. I generally just use my GPS for alertin' me to the next road....:(

Which Roads do You not show.....???

Bumping this up to help y'all find the rally schedule in the first post of this thread. Today is the big day at Wheels Through Time Museum.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png