Fuel tanks GL 1800 with CSC Trike

Reaction score
How do these tanks work. Standard Tank with Auxiliary tank. One fills the main tank and I am told the auxilliary tank fills trickle down. Where is the fuel taken from to arrive at the engine? I am still trying to figure gas millage and now am told it takes a while to have a full system.

The aux tank and main tank are tied bottom to bottom and top to top. The aux tank holds 3.4 gals and does not feed until the top potion of the main tank reaches the level of the aux tank. This is why the top potion moves the gauge normally then when the main and aux level out the gauge moves at a much slower rate. I am told that when you fill top off and wait about 20 seconds and fill again. I am told that if you overfill the main tank it will cause fuel to vent to canister. The system seems to work very well and negates the worry of the age of fuel in the aux because it is constantly used and flushed..<br />
<br />
I will not buy another trike without aux fuel. The GW mileage fluctuates with speed and wind that out west you can get caught by surprise.. Do not ask me how I know just take my word for it.. It's not that I ride long stints but more fuel gives you options as to fuel or not every 150 miles..

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png