Hello to All, From West Virginia

denkhough

Oct 19, 2010
Kearneysville, WV, USA
Hello,

I have been a member since the fall, but have never done an introduction. I live near Martinsburg, WV in Kearneysville. I have found that this is a great site for information and looks like a lot of great people here. Just got the 2003 Honda VTX 1300s with a 2008 Roadsmith kit last fall. I rode two wheelers years ago, when I had a serious accident and could not walk for over a year. Last year I decided to get back on the road with a trike. My 15 year old son and my wife ride with me. The Roadsmith was purchased from someone that had converted the brakes to both work on the hand brake. I got the original parts to convert it back to both hand and foot brake use. Since then I have been trying to correct a problem with the foot brake occasionally going to the floor, so I haven’t gotten as much ridding time in as I would like.
I contacted Roadsmith; the nearest dealer is a 2 hour drive, so they sent me a new residual valve to install, but still got the same result. I purchased a new rear master cylinder, still the same result. The rear brakes work fine 95% of the time, but occasionally will go to the floor. If you pump them once they are fine. They will normally drag the rear wheels if you push hard enough. I’ve gotten used to being prepared to pump once if necessary, but would rather correct this for good if I could figure it out. Looking forward to lots of riding this summer. Thanks to all for making this is great site.

Dennis

Welcome Denkhough ,from LI. Nice area down there. In the early 90's had a problem in town. The owner of a bike shop did some welding for me in Martinsburgh. His name was Dan, if I remember correctly. Originally from my area. Was bringing him fresh bagels for quite a while when passing through (dating a girl just south in Winchester).
Since you replaced the master cylinder with no fix, you might want to get a rebuild kit for the brake cylinder and give that a try.

Welcome, boy I have made many, many attempts at bleeding air out of bike brakes at times !! Sometimes it is a real bugger IMHO I think it is air some where..... Might try the hydraulic clutch method....Open bleeder squeeze then close bleeder when it is the handle is against the grip or foot pedal is against the bottom of the master cylinder !!! Some times this works if you have a air bubble that you can't bleed out by the regular way....

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png