newbie question..

Reaction score
Just wondering how many of you out there have done the conversions yourself? If not the conversions, do you do other work on the trike yourself? I love wrenching and have done everything myself.......so far.....and no rude comments like, "it looks like you did it yourself".

Hiya, FB--I'm a newbie too, so don't have much trike wisdom to offer. I love wrenching on my bicycles--no motors for me to foul up. LOL If I tried working on a mc or trike, it would most definitely be a "it looks like you did it yourself" thing!:D

FB doing my owm conversion right now. @007 Police Road King made into a Road Glide then adding a Champion Trike Coversion. I do my own work unless it's a recall or opening the engine or trans. Ted My wife has a Stallion Trike and my daughter a Honda 1500 with a California trike conversion.

Hey Juju, my bicycles a three wheeler too.......

Hi tmigala, thats great, the whole families involved....
Any pics? Are you planning on adding a reverse to yoour bike?

Hi FBTRIKE. I do change my own oil, etc., but as my life is on the line when I'm on the trike, I realize I don't know enough, and we trust anything more than that to experienced professional mechanics. I am fascinated by "building your own" though, and wish I knew enough to do more stuff myself. Seems to me you can get so much of your own personality into your trike, and that is what makes each one so very special and beautiful in its own way. You said you have a Champion rear end on yours (as I do) but are still working toward finishing details like fenders. I'm curious what you are dreaming up.... creating your own fenders, etc.? using Champion's fiberglass to finish it up?

Hi FBTRIKE. I do change my own oil, etc., but as my life is on the line when I'm on the trike, I realize I don't know enough, and we trust anything more than that to experienced professional mechanics. I am fascinated by "building your own" though, and wish I knew enough to do more stuff myself. Seems to me you can get so much of your own personality into your trike, and that is what makes each one so very special and beautiful in its own way. You said you have a Champion rear end on yours (as I do) but are still working toward finishing details like fenders. I'm curious what you are dreaming up.... creating your own fenders, etc.? using Champion's fiberglass to finish it up?

I have been working on steel fenders for the rear ever since I started working on the trike......unfortunatley as my disease has progressed my welding skills are rapidly declineing. May have to have them finished by someone else....I'm also working on a metal trunk that will be covered in leather for the rear. (lockable) Not using a champion body etc.........all though my wife wishes I would........my wife looked at your trikes pic and said "see you could be riding that now" I do like the looks of your trike but working on them is almost as much fun as riding for me......

Tell your wife she has good taste for admiring my baby! LOL! I obviously had limits on making it really unique, but the "sunny" color fits me well --- I always seem to see the sunny side of things (which makes my husband roll his eyes and grunt or something). And I deliberately tried to keep it very simple -- just the color and chrome to dress it up. So I am happy with how it turned out!
What you are doing sound really wonderful. I love the sound of the leather-covered lockable trunk. Sounds like it will have a very vintage appearance maybe? Keep posting pics as you progress. I hate to hear that your disease is progressive! Thankfully you have found a way to keep doing something you love (riding and creating something special) even though challenges have arisen along the way. And we are very glad you found our site. You are going to be a big asset to the forum!

Actually thats exactly what my wife liked best about your trike, the brite color.
Thank you for your kind words, but things could always be worse...and are for so many people.
Seems to me that bright and sunny, fit you to a T...

Nana, I read your posts all over the place and I agree the color fits your personality.

I here a little voice in the back of my head that says 'scrambled'. I had to look around to see if some was going pop me in the back of the head to make the voice go away. Thats actually a compliment it keeps things interesting and you do it well.

Bill

Just wondering how many of you out there have done the conversions yourself? If not the conversions, do you do other work on the trike yourself? I love wrenching and have done everything myself.......so far.....and no rude comments like, "it looks like you did it yourself".

Not from scratch, I bought a Trike Shop kit and installed it myself. I installed it on my Ultra and was pleasantly surprised how well the assembly went. Have only about 2k on the kit, but plan on many more miles.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png