Maggie Valley (kinda) ride

Stan66

Nov 11, 2010
Richmond, VA USA
Last weekend, during the rally weekend, Deb & I went to visit a relative in Franklin NC. This is a short video of our ride back; we took NC 28 to Soco Rd.

When I get part two done, will post it also.

Stan66 and Deb

Cool video. Can't wait for part 2. Did you actually stop at the Rally? If you did, sorry I missed you.

Having a time getting part two up. Gotta take off now to pick out a new shed-garage-shelter for Debs new Lehman Storm. Will work on it tonight.

As for "stopping by"....YES! We were at the Ramada, Thurs thru Sunday. Deb and I had a great time and am looking forward to the next RallyWherever!

Stan66 and Deb

Having a time getting part two up. Gotta take off now to pick out a new shed-garage-shelter for Debs new Lehman Storm. Will work on it tonight.

As for "stopping by"....YES! We were at the Ramada, Thurs thru Sunday. Deb and I had a great time and am looking forward to the next RallyWherever!

Stan66 and Deb

Well, heck....maybe I did meet you! We went over there Thursday night under the tent to chat with people.

Well, heck....maybe I did meet you! We went over there Thursday night under the tent to chat with people.

Never did get "under the tent", but did rock in the rocking chairs quite a bit. Did you see a 6 foot tall, real skinny, old guy? Probably with a black hat on?
Hanging around a black FLHXXX or blue Kawa Storm? If so, that was me!

By 10 or so Thursday night, I was zonked out after a 7 hour ride. Friday we did go out for a little while; just meandering. Saturday we took off to Franklin and came back in time for the Museum visit and supper. Left Sunday morning at 10:30 or so and got back to Richmond just ahead of a rainstorm that followed us up I40, 29, 58 and 360.

Originally was gonna ride the BlueRidge to Roanok and then cut across, but the threatening rain changed that plan!

Since we got home, Deb has been wanting to ride EVERYWHERE. We even went out to eat last night and rode both bikes to a restaurant only 1/2 mile from home!

Here is my daughters video of that little excursion!

Hope to meet ya soon! Maybe we can meet halfway in Williamsburg some time and have a great lunch or dinner at Hog Wild BarBQue! Love that place.

Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More
stan66

We were over there pretty late. I like you wife's trike. Very Pretty. Your daughter is funny!
My husband would drag race you in the neighborhood.......LOL!

Where is Hog Wild BarBQue? We will have to do that sometime. We would come up over the Ferry at Surry.

Joan

We were over there pretty late. I like you wife's trike. Very Pretty. Your daughter is funny!
My husband would drag race you in the neighborhood.......LOL!

Where is Hog Wild BarBQue? We will have to do that sometime. We would come up over the Ferry at Surry.

Joan

She picked that trike up 10 hours before we left Richmond for MV. Had 1 mile on it; she took it in Tuesday for its 500 mile service @ 879 miles! She likes it a LOT. Yes, Kate is her Mommas daughter for sure, but has her Dads twisted mind.

Hog Wild is 5 or so miles west of "Andersons Corner" on RT 60 (Richmond Road).

Here's a link:

Hog Wild Smokehouse

Billie, the owner and chef is a real prince and cooks some true Creole dishes.
Highly recommended. The location used to be a biker hangout named Pierce Brothers...you may have heard of that. Billie has been there about 5-7 years now. Since we live in Richmond and Toano, we are there quite often. Another good ride is Rt 5 to the Blue Heron Restaurant at River Rest Marina. Know that one? Here's a link for that one:

Everything You'll Need for a Virginia Family Vacation!

Our family motto(s) are:
"Ride to eat, Eat to ride"
and
Curam Nolo (I don't care)

Looking forward to getting together sometime! (Here's a pic of me and my hat! And Deb in the striped shirt)

https://picasaweb.google.com/margevj...83088002776146

I notice you have two screen bags on your trike, they seem a good size. Are they waterproof and where did you get them please? Ian.

They are (it is) standard HD accessory, part number 57203-07. Expensive little boogers ($99). As for size, they will hold 2 packs of smokes in each; or a pair of glasses, some chap-stick, gum, cell phone or other "pocket size" goodies. They are NOT waterproof; close with velcro. Fair little item, but with the short windscreen I have on the fairing, was all that would fit. Easy installation. Hope that answers your question. Ride safe.

Stan66
"Yes, it's fast. No, you can't ride it."

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png