Paint protection

Reaction score
I had to get glossy black on my FLHXXX as that was the only color available locally. I hate gloss black (loved the Black Denim on my Electra Glide) as it shows dirt ten seconds after washing it here in Arizona. Of more concern is rock chips. In my experience they tend wind up showing as white spots (especially after waxing a few times) and can look pretty awful after you've picked up a few. Has anyone tried the clear plastic stuff Harley sells or gone to an auto detailer for some of the clear bra stuff? What about the thick rubber black ribbed material Harley sells? Does it look to awful on a black trike?

I've had the clear 3M protective stuff on my fenders since '06, and it has worked like a charm. I had it installed by a local auto detailer place. No regrets!

I have the HD fender covers and worked well for one season. Now they have streched and will not stay on when riding. Just yesterday the left fender cover came loose and had to stop and put back on. I need to figure a way to make it shrink back to it's original size.
I wonder if Lehman has a better fit finder bra. If they do I wouldn't buy HD"S.

Have had my Tri-Glide <2 months, and my left 3M fender cover is trashed. The salesman scuffed it first when he "brought it around" for the "presentation". They are replacing this one under warranty. Anyone know how to remove boot scuffs from these?

Looks like Harley sells the 3m protector it is item number 83989-10. Looks like it is 12 pre-cut pieces, 6 for each side and sells for about 120.00. I will be picking it up tomorrow and installing the protector before I leave for the tail of the dragon on saturday morning. My fenders are getting all knicked up from who knows what, and I really cant see having to paint the fenders every season. Seems like the install process is pretty easy, spray water bottle and an old credit card to install. I'll know tomorrow night.

My Cheetah is painted with a powder coat paint covered with clear. Just check with Tom at Cheetah Trikes. It not only holds up to punishment but stays clean a lot longer.

The clear stuff that they use on front an RV is junk. It fades and cracks, and is expensive to remove, need a body shop and they usually have to repaint it. Most RVs are out in the sun most of the time, I think most trikes are not. From what I have seen I would not put that stuff on a wheelbarrow! Check it out on IRV2.com.

Trike Rear Fender Bra '09-later p/n 57892-11 $99.95 page 455 in 2011 Parts & Accessories Catalog. Got a set on My Tri and Like them. ThumbUp

i like the "cling" much much cheaper and easy to put on,, also comes off they say- quite easy,, two fenders with some left over (has to be cut) was abt 35$

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png