Veterans/Retired Military

My time in was not nearly as illustrious as most of what I've seen here, but I was with the 82nd Airborne, 1959-1962. One of the rare periods of no war that the country has seen in many decades. Did 24 days at the tail end of the extension because of the Berlin crisis, where we 'chuted up, drew five bandoliers of live ammo and loaded onto C-130's at Pope AFB with the props turning for about an hour until JFK decided he didn't want to go to WWIII with the Soviets. Spent the next two years 341 days sweating my subject-to-recall status while Viet Nam heated up. A salute to all of you who walked the walk - mostly longer and way more difficult than my little stroll.

Bob (RLPCEP)

As an Army wife, I remember those late-night calls to the Green Ramp at Pope; scared out of my wits most of the time. Hubby commanded the Recondo Raider School of the 82nd from 70 - 72, and we went back in 78 for Language School. Fort Bragg is still one of my favorite posts. Thanks for serving!

US Army 68-75. It's definitely a lot better to see how they treat the Vet now as to when I was in. Back then you didn't want to wear a uniform through the airport, but I think the hair gave it away. Gotta love those white walls....and I ain't talking tires..A greatful thanks to all of us that served...

God bless and keep safe all who have served in the past and the fine men and women of today currently serving. I was a buck Sgt with the 14th Inf (now 10th Mountain) 25th Inf Division until wounded in the HoBo woods in October of 67.

USN 1976-1981 E-4 SS It was the Best thing I ever did and I always recomend the Service to all the young ppl I know if they are not sure what to do after high school or have no direction. GOD BLESS ALL OUR SERVICE MEN AND WOMEN PAST FUTURE AND PRESSENT. GOD BLESS AMERICA

NANA Thanks for posting that Tribute to the US Military I think everybody needs to look at what all our Sevice men and women do for there Country and our freedoms through out the world, without them we wouldn't be able to have the freedoms we have today.
God Bless You Sean (aka Frozenshrimp) :)

USAF ret served active, reserve and air guard from 1960 to 1997 with 1 , 5 year break in service. C121, C130 & C141 flight engineer Air Combat Command, missed Grenada but was in on the rest. Full time job was NOFD 26 years retired on duty injury in 97 fell through the roof and ruptured 3 discs, leg damage. It was a great run but now I'm starting to slow down a little. So I'm getting into the trike scene. thanks for the opportunity to serve my country and have a great time doing it, most of the time anyways.

ephogg, please tell your son we will be praying for him and a big thank you for his service! And thank you and welcome home to you too :D

USN Medical Retired '71
Had only 1 yr 2 mo and 28 days active service. Enlisted in Dec. '67. On USS Enterprise when it had an explosion on the flight deck, spent 2 yrs in Hospital, not called friendly fire, called OPPS back then, since not in a combat area. Damn sure don't blame the Navy or anyone else. Son in law flys helicopters for Army 3 tours in Iraq and Bosnia.
I still get choked up when they play the National Anthem.

Active duty 1966 thru 1974, US Army Photographer, Korea, Germany, Vietnam (2 1/2 years). To all Nam brothers "Welcome home!" To all others "THANK YOU for your service! p.s. Please get involved with the Patriot Guard to honor those who served before, with and after us.

To all the Servicemen and women that have servied before and after me, you will never be forgoten and will be in my prayers for all times!!!
GOD BLESS YOU!!!! May he hold you in his embrace for all eternity and fill you with peace and love.

GOD BLESS AMERICA... SH3 Church, Kenneth S
June 76 - May 81 USN

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png