Veterans/Retired Military

US Navy 1969 - 1973 I joined the navy to see the world, where did they send this N.J. guy, Warminster Pa. Actually it turned out to be great duty, I was on a C121 crew, flying to Europe, the Carribean, Hawaii.

HI!! fast eddie, I was a flight engineer on C121 super connie. MissANG Jackson,Ms. then went on to the C130,C141s. 1960 thru 1997. 32 years total, loved the connie the most, C130 was great plane also . never like the C141 much though too automated. just triked my HD Vrod.... curley

Did my time in peacetime, as I posted earlier. My Grandson turned 18 on Feb. 2, graduates from high school in June and reports to Pendleton a week later. He pre-enlisted, and has been in training for about two years. I am incredibly proud, but also very worried about him.

Bob (RLPCEP)

I'm sure that you are proud and rightfully so, it takes a very special young man or woman to join the PC military of today. It was struggling with itself for most of the time that I was in service. But I loved the feeling of belonging to a group dedicated people who took pride in their work and enjoyed serving their country. Now I'm benefiting from these years with my health care taken care of and extra money to pass on the my grand kids some day. I sure miss that SOS for breakfast at the mess hall. know what I mean? curley

I'm sure that you are proud and rightfully so, it takes a very special young man or woman to join the PC military of today. It was struggling with itself for most of the time that I was in service. But I loved the feeling of belonging to a group dedicated people who took pride in their work and enjoyed serving their country. Now I'm benefiting from these years with my health care taken care of and extra money to pass on the my grand kids some day. I sure miss that SOS for breakfast at the mess hall. know what I mean? curley

I do. Mama still cooks it up occasionally (OK, rarely) so I can remenisce.

I just remembered what I was doing during the cuban crises. I was working on B52s at Amarillo AFB,Tx. Those B52s were loaded with nuclear Bombs and ready to go to war. SAC had 1/3 of all B52s flying all the time and ready to fly to Russia when ordered. We came real close to WW111. It was in the teens and blowing, while we got the planes ready to go to war. I remember freezing my young ass off. I was 20 at the time. curley

OLD SAILORS

Old sailors sit and chew the fat
'bout how things used to be
of the things they've seen
and places they've been
When they ventured out to sea.

They remember friends from long ago
and the times they had back then
of the money they've spilled
and the beer they've swilled
In their days as sailing men.

Their lives are lived in days gone by
with thoughts that forever last
of cracker-jack hats
and bell-bottom blues
and the good times in their past.

They recall long nights with a moon so bright
far out on a lonely sea
and the thoughts they had
as youthful lads
When their lives were unbridled and free.

They know so well how their hearts would swell
when the flag fluttered proud and free
and the stars and the stripes
made such beautiful sights
as they plowed through an angry sea.

They talk of the bread ole' cookie would bake
and the shrill of the boatsun's pipe
and how the salt spray fell
like sparks out of hell
when a storm struck in the night.

They remember mates already gone
who forever hold a spot
In the stories of old
when sailors were bold
and lubbers were a pitiful lot.

They rode their ships through many a storm
when the sea was showing its might
And the mighty waves
might be digging their graves
as they sailed on through the night.

They speak of nights in a bawdy house
somewhere on a foreign shore
and the beer they'd down
as they gathered around
cracking jokes with a busty whore.

Their sailing days are gone away
never more will they cross the brow
But they have no regrets
for they know they've been blessed
'cause they honored their sacred vow.

Their numbers grow less with each passing day
as their chits in this life are called in
But they've nothing to lose
for they've all paid their dues
and they'll sail with their shipmates again.

I've heard them say before getting underway
that there's still some sailin' to do
and they'll exclaim with a grin
that their ship has come in
and the Lord is commanding the crew.

FBM Navy 1979-1993 13 patrols all homeported here in Charleston , but with forays to Holy Loch Scotland and Kings Bay Georgia.
Uss Woodrow Wilson SSBN 624, USS Lewis and Clark SSBN 644, USS Mariano G. Vallejo
SSBN 658. I'd do it again tomorrow.

Patrick

I spent 10 Years in Army aviation. I was a CH 47 Chinook door gunner / crew chief / flight engineer with the 180th Aviation company Vietnam from Jan.1971 until Jan. 1972. Did a tour in Korea with the 271st aviation company in 1977. I left the Army in April of 1981 as a Staff Sgt. (E 6). Welcome home Vietnam Vets. And I thank all of you, who served or are serving now, for your service.

I spent 10 Years in Army aviation. I was a CH 47 Chinook door gunner / crew chief / flight engineer with the 180th Aviation company Vietnam from Jan.1971 until Jan. 1972. Did a tour in Korea with the 271st aviation company in 1977. I left the Army in April of 1981 as a Staff Sgt. (E 6). Welcome home Vietnam Vets. And I thank all of you, who served or are serving now, for your service.

welcome to Trike talk and welcome home brother.

I was a Marine for 32 years and flew fix wing and helo's. Two years in Vietnam and have a son who is in the Marines with 3 tours in the middle east. We are a proud Marine family and want to say Welcome Home to all Vietnam vets and thanks to all who support our current troops in there effort to keep us safe. Hope to make the ride to the wall this year. Great thread and honored to be here with you men/women of honor.

Les Williams
Grand Lake, CO
Col. USMC (ret)

PS: Anyone of you looking for a great mtn ride let me know I'm always fueled up and ready.:Flag

Spec/5-US Army-1966-1972-1 Field Force, 52d Artillery Group, 3d Bn/6th Field Artillery- Pleiku, Vietnam- LZ Oasis- defended the 5th Special Forces camp at Ben Het during a 59 day siege May/June 1969 and numerous other rocket attacks and made it home without a scratch. My God is an awesome God!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeffHenk

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeffHenk
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png