Veterans/Retired Military

Hi everybody, sorry for being late too get on and say Hi. Thanks to Nana for getting me this far, but still learning to get around.

U.S. Navy ABM 1967 - 1971
I was a flat top sailor - Aircraft Carriers; U.S.S. Bennington CVS-20 & U.S.S Oriskany CVA-34
Two tours in Vietnam 1968-1969

Have to join the ranks of missed post .

U S NAVY Home Port San Diego, Ca.

Vietnam 65,66,67,68 Uss Summit County LST-1146. Delivered supplies from Phillipines, Okinowia, Japan. To and from Danang, Chi Lai, Wai. Signalman E5 Lots of memories. Appreciate the service for all have done. Sorry misty eyed THANKS Veterans!

Hi everybody, sorry for being late too get on and say Hi. Thanks to Nana for getting me this far, but still learning to get around.

U.S. Navy ABM 1967 - 1971
I was a flat top sailor - Aircraft Carriers; U.S.S. Bennington CVS-20 & U.S.S Oriskany CVA-34
Two tours in Vietnam 1968-1969
Hey SEAlaskan, my husband was on the Oriskany in the 70s, as an airman, before going to PR school. What years were you on the O-boat?

Ok,,,, lets try this again. I was just about done telling you about my navy life when I mysteriously hite the wrong key and "poooooof" now here we go again.

Hi JuJu,
I was stationed on the Oriskany fall of 1970 to March 26, 1971. Both Vietnam tours were on the Bennington. In the middle of 1969 (I think in June or July) the Navy decommissioned the Bennington and we tied her up in Bremerton, WA. and from there I went to Adak, Alaska for a year. In the fall of 1970 I went to the Oriskany until March of 1971 in which I was discharged, part of the big reduction. On the Bennington I worked on the flight deck (V-1) (catapult area) until the spring of 1969 in which I was tranferred up to the air control tower. On the Oriskany I was stationed in V-1 again.
Hope I didn't bore you. (I too was an airman)

Last edited:
Ok,,,, lets try this again. I was just about done telling you about my navy life when I mysteriously hite the wrong key and "poooooof" now here we go again.

Hi JuJu,
I was stationed on the Oriskany fall of 1970 to March 26, 1971. Both Vietnam tours were on the Bennington. In the middle of 1969 (I think in June or July) the Navy decommissioned the Bennington and we tied her up in Bremerton, WA. and from there I went to Adak, Alaska for a year. In the fall of 1970 I went to the Oriskany until March of 1971 in which I was discharged, part of the big reduction. On the Bennington I worked on the flight deck (V-1) (catapult area) until the spring of 1969 in which I was tranferred up to the air control tower. On the Oriskany I was stationed in V-1 again.
Hope I didn't bore you. (I too was an airman)
I'll have to ask the Chief (the dear husband, whom I still affectionately call "Chief" since that's what he retired as) what years and what division. I know he worked on the flight deck.

blueskys i know what your talk about i came back that way to ,when i till people about that they dont belive it , it hurt bad and have not got over .i died over there for a short time they got me back wish they had not to this day. but the did now i have ptsd bad just dont seem to be much help .when i needed help in the 70s there was none they didnt know ptsd was untill 78 , but thats life i guess ,there are a lot of us like this take care jim:(

US Army 1956-1959 Was the personal photographer to General Bruce C. Clarke at Fort Monroe, VA.

In 63 I was bored and reinlisted and had to go back through basic training. Went to Infantry AIT and then to Infantry OCS. Was commissioned Signal Corps in Dec 64.

Combat tours:

Dominican Republic 1965

Vietnam 65-66
Vietnam 69-70

Had some great assignments and some lousy ones. Best one was Panama and all of Central and South America 1970 - 1974.

Retired from Fort Wonderful (Hood) in 1982.

nam 1965-1971, never retired,
US Army, Engineer Cords
1971-1975
US Navy, Seabees[welder and fabricator]

1977-2000 Retired Navy Mustang
USS Puffer (SSN-652), USS Philadelphia (SSN-690), USS Kamehameha (SSBN-642)(GOLD), VFA-125, USS Niagara Falls AFS-3

USAF 1970-1974. We had the draft! What a time in our history.
Do I wish I could go back? Yes. Would I make some changes, Absoulutely!

Do think about this from time to time? Yep!

I too, get a thank you once in a while. When my new trike is finished, I plan to ride with the Patriot Riders. Will be happy to do this.

Don :Flag:

I was in the Canadian Armed Forces from 1976-2006, I did four tours of duty, Cypress, Somalia, East Timor and Bosnia. I enjoyed every minute of my military life, however, owning a Trike shop was my true calling in life :cool:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CedarRonin

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CedarRonin
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png