Veterans/Retired Military

Had many of these and traded off if I didn't like it....

View attachment 95200

dont forget how to use the tp sparingly
hqdefault.jpg

To the Vets that were in Nam, "Welcome Home." To all Vets and current active duty, "Thanks for your Service".

Also, if you haven't ridden with the Patriot Guard, think about it.

Do the Patriot Guard Riders have a presence here on TT? I visited the SE Texas PGR Facebook page a few weeks back and asked what it takes to get back involved again. Nary a word since. I had a serious accident about 10 years ago that caused me to stop riding and I fell out of touch. I rode about 30 or so missions with the SE Texas group, I was a flag bike. Being a veteran with a deep admiration for fallen or passed fellow veterans and being 100% SC P&T combat veteran myself I'd like to get plugged back in. Was hoping to find a PGR presence here. Thanks for any info. I'm in the process of acquiring a new bike hopefully soon from Papa Zook.

US Army 1st Signal Brigade

1970-1971

Long Bin

The other day some one said to "welcome home" to me and I must say even after 37 years it still struck a nerve. It made me fell good I WILL always remember it and I'll try to pass it along when I can.

11th ACR - 3rd Core region (think "We Were Soldiers" movie w/Mel Gibson Iron Triangle)

Iron Triangle (Cu Chi - Tay Ninh- Nu Bai Dinh (Black Virgin mountain)

1970-71 - 17 months - I called it quits and went home after the 4th time I was wounded

E-5 Sergeant Forward Observer

Cu Chi was my forward operating base where my howitzers were staging from

Thanks to all my brothers in arms for your faithful service and welcome home. I too still like to hear those words as well even after 50+ years it still makes my heart beat a beat faster. It was 25 years before I could feel safe enough to start acknowledging that I served in that God forsaken war publicly. Thanks for this place.

11th ACR - 3rd Core region (think "We Were Soldiers" movie w/Mel Gibson Iron Triangle)

Iron Triangle (Cu Chi - Tay Ninh- Nu Bai Dinh (Black Virgin mountain)

1970-71 - 17 months - I called it quits and went home after the 4th time I was wounded

E-5 Sergeant Forward Observer

Cu Chi was my forward operating base where my howitzers were staging from

Thanks to all my brothers in arms for your faithful service and welcome home. I too still like to hear those words as well even after 50+ years it still makes my heart beat a beat faster. It was 25 years before I could feel safe enough to start acknowledging that I served in that God forsaken war publicly. Thanks for this place.

One time we had to use an Air Force FO...It seems that when we called in a air strike we got credit for the bodies..And that pissed off the Air Force Brass..They wanted the credit....So they sent someone who never left basecamp..And he was so nervous he was trigger happy we had him choppered out after only a week..Sweeping through villages and having a loose cannon out front With civilians running around lead to problems...

One time we had to use an Air Force FO...It seems that when we called in a air strike we got credit for the bodies..And that pissed off the Air Force Brass..They wanted the credit....So they sent someone who never left basecamp..And he was so nervous he was trigger happy we had him choppered out after only a week..Sweeping through villages and having a loose cannon out front With civilians running around lead to problems...

Don't know about how the Air Force F.O. worked but I was out in the bush and worked up close and personal with the troops in battle. My C.O. was young and gung ho as one could ever be and wherever he went I was his constant shadow and we together saw combat probably 70+% of the time I was in country. Twice I had to call in 155mm directly over our own NDP position with aerial burst detonator' settings due to being heavily over run. Air Force and Navy both ran sorties for me and other Army F.O.'s continuously. We never sat still long enough to let any cobwebs get anywhere near us. I was assigned to the mounted infantry, aka heavy armor.

Don't know about how the Air Force F.O. worked but I was out in the bush and worked up close and personal with the troops in battle. My C.O. was young and gung ho as one could ever be and wherever he went I was his constant shadow and we together saw combat probably 70+% of the time I was in country. Twice I had to call in 155mm directly over our own NDP position with aerial burst detonator' settings due to being heavily over run. Air Force and Navy both ran sorties for me and other Army F.O.'s continuously. We never sat still long enough to let any cobwebs get anywhere near us. I was assigned to the mounted infantry, aka heavy armor.

I was an RTO in a Reactionary Platoon...Dropped in with Choppers did the missions and Lifted out....Sometimes at night....Spent many hours in Hueys' And a few times in the Cadillac of choppers Chinooks....That said its been 55 years since i've been in a Helicopter of any kind...

An Old Picture, But I'm Sure You Know Who This Is...........Salute...

162676818_2844873442497328_6279814927740015266_n.jpg

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png