almost got a trike today

Jul 27, 2011
central missouri
followed gold wing trike on craigslist,13,000 in hand,got there and he said no test drive,must be purchased blind,he said all his 5 bike purchases on eBay that he never test rode anything.wife and i left pretty quick, we just didn't have the warm fuzzy feeling ,how is the look, test drive usually handled for a private party purchase on the trike, has anyone got any input or just feelings on this issue ?

Don't blame you for leaving. I wouldn't by anything that had wheels unless I drove it first. As long as you have a motorcycle license and he has insurance there should be no problem. Hell you could have let him ride two up if that made him feel better. Keep looking you will find the right seller with the right trike

Don't blame you at all. You did the right thing. Have patients. You and the wife will find what you want. To many times I acted on impulse and to anxious to get an item then regreted it later. You will find the right trike. Good luck. Arnold

followed gold wing trike on craigslist,13,000 in hand,got there and he said no test drive,must be purchased blind,he said all his 5 purchases on eBay that he never test rode anything.wife and i left pretty quick, just didn't feel ride,how is the look test drive usually handled for a private party purchase on the trike,has anyone got any imout or just feelings on this issue ?

First off WELCOME aboard glad you joined us. If you are there and they say no test ride then they must be hiding something. I do not even buy a new car without driving a demo. Good decision.

Un related but related and friend bought a used car off e-bay he was told it was a great car . Was told by people on the forum that studies this car .They told him all the work the guy did to it . They talked it up. He went paid the guy . The guy drove off. He started then car got 1/2 mile down the road with his new purchase , it stalled and it has never run again .$5,500 down the drain.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png