I got asked today

John Luciano

One Of The Origionals , TOI - New England
Mar 2, 2008
Conn
I am working and a couple comes up to me and asked me what tire I told them to buy to put on there 2005 trike . I explained the Pilot Activ story . The guy wore out 3 tires in 39,000 miles.( forget it he has no computer i asked him to join ) then he tells me he is having a guy replace his fork springs and he will have him replace the tire also. i said go on the internet and order it . I think you can find one for about $100.00 . that's when he said I have no computer. He said the guy I use will do it for me . The whole job ( replace the fork springs with progressive and change the tire all parts included ) for $800.00 What do u think is that high?

:Shrug:

John,

$800?!?!

That is outrageous!

If you figure that he is probably being charged about $150 for the tire and $100 for the fork springs. That's $250 in parts. That leaves $550. With labor charges around $55 per hour, that would be $10 hours labor.
I think if you looked in the book that shows the jobs and labor rates, you would find that the job should be a lot less.
Sounds like somebody got taken.

About the Pilot Actiuve---
I spent an entire day and must have checked 15--20 mortorcycle parts websites and could not find the Pilot tire in 130-90-16.
The Michelin rep said that they do not make it in that size.
How strange is that?
A tire in a very popular size and they don't make it?
So I got the Bridgestone BT45 BattleAx.
Great reviews and it was only $99 with free shipping.
Got it from Rocky Mountain MC Supply.

Mike---drumdoctor@live.com

:Flag:

:Shrug:

John,

$800?!?!

That is outrageous!

If you figure that he is probably being charged about $150 for the tire and $100 for the fork springs. That's $250 in parts. That leaves $550. With labor charges around $55 per hour, that would be $10 hours labor.
I think if you looked in the book that shows the jobs and labor rates, you would find that the job should be a lot less.
Sounds like somebody got taken.

About the Pilot Actiuve---
I spent an entire day and must have checked 15--20 mortorcycle parts websites and could not find the Pilot tire in 130-90-16.
The Michelin rep said that they do not make it in that size.
How strange is that?
A tire in a very popular size and they don't make it?
So I got the Bridgestone BT45 BattleAx.
Great reviews and it was only $99 with free shipping.
Got it from Rocky Mountain MC Supply.

Mike---drumdoctor@live.com

:Flag:

I believe you are looking for the wrong size. If I remember correctly, without running out and checking the tire on my bike, the size that is commonly mounted is 130/70/18. This is assuming you have a GL1800.

Sounds like he is not putting enough air in his front tire.
I have a brigestone on my 96 1500 and it now has 22000 miles on it.
It is a brigestone but I am not sure what model.
Just now starting to cup a little,but has lots of tread left.
Huma a little,but let it hum.ThumbUpThumbUpThumbUp

HE was running the stock 2004 GW tire . 38 lb F he told me and 25lb rear
The GW has a 130 70 18 front tire . i put a 130 80 18 on mine
Are you trying to find a tire for a Harley?
the Battle Axe works good too. Make sure it is the rear tire not a front and that it is an Bias Ply not Radial

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rockin Rob

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rockin Rob
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png