2011 Lehman Storm

Aug 20, 2011
Cumberland Md USA
Hello everyone, I just purchased a new Lehman Storm and am wondering if anyone has changed out the stock seat for an upgrade. The stock seat is really hard to take for more than an hour. I've looked at the Mustang seat for the Vulcan 900,but from the pic's it looks to be a 2 piece seat. The Storm seat is one piece. Help would be appreciated......Bill

Hello everyone, I just purchased a new Lehman Storm and am wondering if anyone has changed out the stock seat for an upgrade. The stock seat is really hard to take for more than an hour. I've looked at the Mustang seat for the Vulcan 900,but from the pic's it looks to be a 2 piece seat. The Storm seat is one piece. Help would be appreciated......Bill

Hi Bill! My wife purchased a Storm a couple of months ago. Picked it up on the Thursday before Maggie Valley run. Left the next morning; came back Monday after putting 800+ miles on the Storm. Never complained about the seat.
I rode it for 20 miles last week and immediatly started looking for a more comfortable seat. Gonna get her this one for Christmas I think.

One-Piece Vintage Seat w/Backrest - Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic & Custom 79417 | Mustang Motorcycle Seats

One piece, wide, and with a backrest. Pricey, but what the heck...It's for Christmas!
What color did you get? Hers is the blue.
vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

We have the black and silver. The main reason for the seat upgrade is for the passanger seat. We ride 2-up and the stock seat kills her. From your reply I assume the Storm seat is the stock vulcan seat...

We have the black and silver. The main reason for the seat upgrade is for the passanger seat. We ride 2-up and the stock seat kills her. From your reply I assume the Storm seat is the stock vulcan seat...

I can surely understand that! I would suggest a sissy bar/backrest first, before investing so much in a custom seat. I believe that the addition of back support makes a trike passenger feel more "secure" and adds comfort. I put one on my Harley Street Glide trike (you can see it in the background of the picture I posted) and my wife said it makes that ride much better, even though the stock Harley seat is neither large or comfortable on its own. I intend to add a sissy bar and luggage rack to her Storm, just to make packing for trips easier.

I hope you guys enjoy your Storm as much as Deb enjoys hers. Ride safe.
Stan

This would be pricy (about $600), but by most reviews it's about the best there is. I've had one on an earlier bike, and loved it. They build it on your pan, so that's not an issue.

Custom Motorcycle Seats and Touring Saddles - "Day-Long" Touring Saddles and Motorcycle Seats by Russell Cycle Products

The Mustang seats are really nice and much more comfy, but for a low cost quick fix, pick up one of the $19 M/C cushions from WalMart. A lot of guys use these on top of the stock seat and they arent at all bad.

The Russell seat looks pretty good. Wifes major complaint is pressure on her tailbone. We do have the backrest but is not helping much....

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png