Toys for tots

Nov 18, 2008
A Local Toys for Tots drive was expecting 9,000 toys. At last count they have 19,000 toys and $4,000. This drive has been going on for many years, I don't know the reason for the gracious giving, but a lot of kid's will have a happier Christmas. DON'T FORGET THE LESS FORTUNATE LITTLE ONES !!!
A small gift can make a difference.

What a great response you all are getting!!!! We've participated in a few of the toy drives around here. Always fun, but more wonderful than fun is the good feeling of being part of something bringing so much joy to the kids.

Toys for Tots was started and is sponsored by the Marine Corps, and it's an excellent charity. We always give as generously as we can.

JuJu, I heard on some of the "talk radio" shows lately that most of the charities are doing better this year. I think the overall economy has gotten the "attention" of more people. Maybe there is a little good in the bad news...My grandson ask Diane what the Salvation Army kettles were for. She explained it to him and now he runs to the kettles and deposits his change. He says " those people need us to help them"...

Merry Christmas All

JuJu, I heard on some of the "talk radio" shows lately that most of the charities are doing better this year. I think the overall economy has gotten the "attention" of more people. Maybe there is a little good in the bad news...My grandson ask Diane what the Salvation Army kettles were for. She explained it to him and now he runs to the kettles and deposits his change. He says " those people need us to help them"...

Merry Christmas All
I guess it's sometimes true that grey clouds have silver linings! And what a sweet grandson you have--kids can really be charitable if they're raised in that way. (Said the childless person LOL--but I know about kids from teaching them for years.)

I'm glad to hear that people are being generally more charitable in these times when we must all hang together (or, as someone said (Ben Franklin?), we will all hang separately, though, in this case, figuratively speaking!)

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hankypanky55

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hankypanky55
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png