Road trip!!!

screwball

Vesta and I are leaving on a 1550 mile road trip Saturday at 0 dark 30. From So. Cal, through Arizona, Utah, Nevada. Back to our vacation house in Arizona for a week on the boat, then home to So. Cal. 3 weeks in all.

It will be in the 100 to 120* range from home through Sedona Az, then it is forcast to cool down to the mid to high 90's. From 1500 feet above sea level at home to over 6000 feet at the Grand Canyon. Should get some good info on ambient air temps, and Harley oil temps.

iPhone and iPad on the road. Will try to check in daily with pix.

Sounds like a fun trip. Soon as the wife get's over her Gallbladder surgery, we are heading out west to Arizona and a bunch more States hopefully.
Maybe the Temp's will be down some in late September. Ride Safe!

Godspeed, and safe travels. Since I got my '12 TG in July, I have been to China, and on assorted other travel since. Only have about 400 miles on her. Taking her up to northern Virginia tomorrow then back at the end of the week for ~ 650-mile round trip this week as a shake-down cruise.

I'm no fan the DC 'burbs, but I am taking the scenic route up there and not worrying about time, and all my meetings are outside the Beltway.

Godspeed, and safe travels. Since I got my '12 TG in July, I have been to China, and on assorted other travel since. Only have about 400 miles on her. Taking her up to northern Virginia tomorrow then back at the end of the week for ~ 650-mile round trip this week as a shake-down cruise.

I'm no fan the DC 'burbs, but I am taking the scenic route up there and not worrying about time, and all my meetings are outside the Beltway.

I'm no fan of the DC burbs either and I've lived here for 35 years, lol! If you get the chance, take it out rt. 50 to Middleburg and take the back roads in the area (GPS would be handy). Great Virginia horse country, vineyards, and rolling hills!

I'm no fan of the DC burbs either and I've lived here for 35 years, lol! If you get the chance, take it out rt. 50 to Middleburg and take the back roads in the area (GPS would be handy). Great Virginia horse country, vineyards, and rolling hills!

I work in Reston, so I'll be up on Sunrise Valley Drive tomorrow through Friday. I live in NC though, because the traffic is easier here. I sometimes commute by car, sometimes by plane, and now by trike.

I like the Winchester area, and fortunately have the same GPS as you. :D I thin a westerly swing back south is in the cards.

You'll hear me rattling around up there this week.

Taylor

Day 3

We arrived at the Grand Canyon this afternoon from Sedona, Az. Got rained on for a couple of minutes yesterday, but it felt good, relief from the heat. It i beautiful here! Mid 80's and a nice breeze Will be here 2 days thn on to Bryce Canyon. Can't upload pictures with my ipad. Got a couple on FaceBook (Steve Brown) from my phone

Another great day at the GRAND HOLE. Walked until my legs felt like they were going to fall off.

Tomorrow we leave for Bryce Canyon National Park for a couple of days at famous Ruby"s just under 300 miles, some really beautiful country. 'talk' to you from there.

The trikes are running great. temps to 245* going uphill at 70mph in 118* outside temps. usually holding at 230*

Hope you fall in love with Bryce Canyon as we did - one of the most miraculous sights in the world! Be sure you go to Zion NP as well!

Safe ride! (Post pictures of these wonderful places!)

Just cheched into Ruby's in Bryce Canyon... What a joint. Because we are 'Premier' members we got upgraded to a King Suite with a hot tub in the room!

It was a gorgious 302 mile ride from the Grand Canyon to here. Temps from the low 70's to the mid 90's. It's 93 now. I've got almost 200 pictures on the GoPro' and another couple hundred on the digitals

OK, going to have a drink, change clothes, and catch a shuttle into the park!!!!

BG, we agree this place, Zion, and Utah in general are the place to ride We will be here in Bryce 2 days, then Zion for 2 days Then, meeting our kids and granddaughter on the river in Arizona for a 'wet' week

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png