Thoughts on my first road trip

Wife and I are in the middle of a 1500 mile ride, my first on a tike, Gotta love these Tri Glides!

I've enjoyed your posts from the trip. I am now getting the hang of the TriGlide, and really loving it. Those back roads through Virginia were a blast. We got our TG to ride two-up, but sadly, my wife has been on travel almost the whole time we've had it. She flies home tonight.

I am deeply concerned that sometime in the near future, she's going to want this one for her own, and I'm out of money and room in the garage....

I can see why you each have one.

I was hammered by some nasty bug which smacked my mic and splattered all over my face...

In Florida, we have these nasty things called love bugs that come out twice a year. They mate and fly around stuck together just splattering anything that moves.

Really, really disgusting.

This will give you an idea....

bugs1.JPG

I was hammered by some nasty bug which smacked my mic and splattered all over my face...

In Florida, we have these nasty things called love bugs that come out twice a year. They mate and fly around stuck together just splattering anything that moves.

Really, really disgusting.

This will give you an idea....

bugs1.JPG

They have a lot of acid in them. You need to get them off as soon as possible or they will damage your paint.

Enjoyed reading your post Taylor. My wife and I love our new Triglide as well. We are in Holbrook Arizona now on a trip to Las Vegas. They have the longest, straightest, flatest roads out here I've ever seen in my life. I know what you mean about getting nervous seeing the needle hovering around empty. Got lucky yesterday, the reserve said 37 miles to empty when we came to a gas station. They know they have you by the nad's and charge accordingly...lol. Ride safe!!!

There is something about Interstate riding that can be relaxing to me. While I prefer the state roads I feel just as comfortable on the big road. When on the interstate I don't worry to much about my speed or should I say SPEEDING. I go as fast as needed to find my happy place where there is a hole in the flow of traffic. I much prefer to be passing than the other way around. Early morning and Late evening be alert for deer. East TN they are getting to be a real problem especially in the fall.

several hours of non stop bumper to bumper trafficglad you enjoyed it! I to like the road less traveled but is almost impossible up here in the northeast.

anymore than 60 miles to the east I'm in the ocean. so ive got to go through the big towns to get further west it seems like that takes up all your day just getting out of traffic. I need to be at least 50-60 miles west of philly or Baltimore to get a nice country road to ride on. heaven forbid I go north to new England it would be several hours of bumper to bumper traffic.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png