FYI Harley Tri-Glide Hitch

lzski326

Contributing Member
Nov 14, 2008
Mark, Illinios 61340
Bushtec is building a trialer hitch for the new Tri-glide. They don't have it on there web site yet, but I was on there forum, and the CEO replied saying they were in production. He stated that you have to call the factory to request info on them. 1-423-562-9900

I haven't called yet, because so far my Tri-glide wont be in until April or so.:mad:

Hate to tell you this but...you better lov your dealer cause your warranty will be void if you put a hitch on. I've done the research and these MoCo's are getting real sticky about warranty work. This is keeping me from getting a trike. Just don't have the money to replace factory defects..now if I hit the lotto..that's a different story. Good luck..talk to your dealer and watch his eyes when he explains how he'll take care of you. My dealer wouldn't look at me...he talked to the floor and mumbled. Good luck.

Info from another site.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keystone
Um, I don't think ya worded that quite right. Think maybe you meant that HD doesn't recommend towing? They can't stop us from putting THIS hitch on.

Ummmmmmm, Yes they can......

Say ferinstance that you are at your local dealer getting service work done, and one of the Service Reps from the factory sees a hitch on a bike, or even a Tri-Glide... They can just write down the VIN, make a call to the mothership and void your warranty....

Seen it done, and it ain't a pretty sight when the customer is right there....

Here is an excerpt from the warranty manual....

"....Modified Motorcycles/Product Liabilities
Be sure to explain to your customer that some alterations or modifications to a new Harley-
Davidson®/Buell® motorcycle, including but not limited to exhaust systems, engine components, brake components, trike conversions, and trailer hitches could void the new vehicle warranty. Harley- Davidson Motor Company®/Buell® Motorcycle Company will not warrant or otherwise assume responsibility for the safety or performance of non-genuine Harley-Davidson®/Buell® parts and accessories, as stated in the motorcycle “Limited Warranty”.

As an independent dealer, you have the right to sell any manufacturer’s products. However, if you do install parts and accessories which are not Genuine Harley-Davidson®/Buell® parts and accessories, and they cause an injury to your customer, you may be faced with very serious liability and possible lawsuits. Such lawsuits could take thousands of dollars to defend, even if you are proven innocent of wrong doing. If at any point a vehicle is found to be modified out of stock configuration, any past, current or future warranty claims are subject to debit or rejection at the discretion of Harley-
Davidson®/Buell®."

In regards to the Warranty, thats a true statement. I was traveling on my Ultra and my instuments were fading in and out. I pulled into a rest area, traced the problem to the wiring harness to the hitch. I then drove to the nearest Harley dlr. and he said the same thing that my warranty would'nt cover repairs. I only needed a couple of fuses but he tried to sell me a module, I got so mad I pulled the harness out and installed the fuses myself after having to pay him $100.00 bucks for running diagnostics on Bike. I called Harley when I got Home and they said most Dealers look the other way. It made me wonder about my Big Bore kit that I have in Bike.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png