coolant leaking

Southern Man

Jul 16, 2010
Axson, Georgia
I just noticed a small puddle under the bike today and it seems that I have a coolant leak.

The liquid is dripping from the right side head pipe just foward of the foot brake. That's roughly 3" foward of the oil dip stick.

THis is a new bike to me, 2004 model 1800 with a CSC trike kit on it. I bought it 2 months ago with 11,500 miles on it and it now has 13,250. When I checked the fluid level in it today cold it is about 3 lines low.

(1 question) any thoughts on what may be leaking in the described area?
(2 question) anyone have any photos of whats in the general area with all the covers removed?

Thanks.

I downloaded a service manual from http://www.goldwingdocs.com . You have to sign up and choose a username and password then login to download documents but its all free.

The last I saw is that you cannot download manuals for free anymore and that when you click on the link it takes you to Heim to purchase a manual. Honda stepped in and put their foot down on many a free site.

Topped off the fluid level last night and drove 60-70 miles. Parked the trike under the carport and this morning, bone dry concrete.<br />
<br />
Now I;m really puzzeled, perhaps the fluid dripping a few days ago had something to do with the 105 deg. temp that day while I was ridding. Last night it was in the 60's.

I have an 07 and what I found on mine is when you check the overflow tank make sure the bike is up to temp. Sometimes owners check them when cold and then when they run in hot temps the level increases and sometimes they overflow. If it happens again you'll probably have to start pulling your tupperware to check hose clamps. Most guys will tell you that its always the clamps under the tank. But with all of the piping it can be anywhere and you''ll just have to track it back. On mine it was the right radiators front hose and of course the hose clamp was 180 degrees from where I needed to get access. But while looking around you can get at a lot of the smaller clamps to snug them down, some you just have to get a little ingenious to get to them. If you go to a Honda parts fiche under cooling system or something similar it has a pic of all of the hoses and their clamps. Then you just have to put it into perspective as to what you're looking at on the trike.

H07GL18005A147.gif

H07GL18005A97.gif

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png