New Tike (new to me) pics

Mar 19, 2010
Salisbury,NC
I bought this trike about two weeks ago and just now getting some pics of it.
The title says its a 1979 but the guy I bought it from says he thought its a 1961 so I don't what year it is. He said he thought it was a 1500 cc but he's not sure. The only # I could find on the engine is unreadable until I get it cleaned up some. Check engine pics and see if any of you guys know? I had a Harley trike a while back and sold it because it was too hot on my legs to ride. Its going to be a lot of to bring it back to rideable condition but I'm looking forward to it. Will post more pics as the work progresses.

Ride Safe

RLJO:)

It looks almost the same as mine. You have a generator and looks to be 1600cc air cooled. I don't think the engine is a 79. It is earlier but you need to get the numbers off engine to be sure. My title is for a 83 that is because in Illinois they use the front end to class year not sure if same were you are.

I found the engine #. It is a 1965 1200cc. Looking forward to fixing it up. First got to get
it started. Got new battery and put key in and got nothing not even a click but I'll run down the problem.

RLJO

Good looking start, you will probably have it going in no time, But trust me it will seem like an eternity, all worth it the first time you hear those pipes & smell that sweet smell of it's exhaust. Caveman

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David Davis

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David Davis
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png