handle bars

I plan on doing the same thing for my winter project. I'm going to go with either the Klockwerks Ergo Up Handlebars (which are rather pricey) or the Paul Yaffe Classic Bagger Apes from BaggerNation. I do not plan to wire the bars internally but I know I'll still have to extend my wiring. I already have all new chrome controls, levers, switch housings, etc. I won't measure for brake lines or a new clutch cable until the handlebar and controls are installed.

I'm six feet tall with a 32" inseam. I'm looking for comfort and I found the stock/OEM bars much too low; although I've gotten use to them since I took delivery last month, I first felt like my hands were just above my knees. I prefer to have my arms out and in front of me.

I am 6'1 I have 11 wish I would of gone with 14 I have the zeppelin air seat so it sets you up higher but the 11 have made a big differants.

You should not notice a big difference going to the 12". If you were chosing 14 or 16 inchers -that would take some gettin used too. I have 16's on my Roadking and am starting to get used to them on my trike, but I am 6'5" so really they are more comfy than the stock bars for me. Compare the 12's to a Heritage Softail bar-they are about that height. You could go into a HD dealer and sit a Heritage, to see if you like the fit.

I put the 12's on my 10 tri-glide and it did make a world of difference for me -- ( 5'10" ) the trike seems to steer easier, no forward leaning -- the only time we have to stop now is to fill up or bathroom breaks -- I put all the wires execpt for the reverse switch inside the bars.

i installed the paul yippes 10" BAGGER bars on my '09 t/g myself. the OEM wireing is ok
stock. all i needed was a 4" over clutch cable $120.00. 10" TWB extension, was just enough for this project.
go to V TWIN FORUM.COM & SEARCH FOR "need some help picking out 10" mini apes " by lumpy38 . there's some good pictures of in there.

I have had 16" apes from Drag Specialities on my 2011 TG for 40,000 miles and could not ride without them. I am 5'10 and my hands are still below my shoulders. I have a bad back and they allow me to sit up straight.

What Model Bars

I put the 12's on my 10 tri-glide and it did make a world of difference for me -- ( 5'10" ) the trike seems to steer easier, no forward leaning -- the only time we have to stop now is to fill up or bathroom breaks -- I put all the wires execpt for the reverse switch inside the bars.

Hey Chief,

I'm doing the same. Do you have a link to order these bars ?

Go Army !

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David Davis

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David Davis
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png