Ride to Maggie Valley

PhilGilbert

Reaction score
Last weekend was Suzie's maiden voyage, rode the whole trip both ways on the Blue Ridge Parkway and stayed at the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground in Cruso. Wheels Through Time was well worth the almost day long stop. Some observations of Suzies performance:

Suzie and I had a nice trip to Maggie Vally this last weekend. We stayed at the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground and visited Wheels Through Time Museum, we had great fun, great fellowship and got home safe, riding the Blue Ridge parkway both ways

Things I learned on my trip this last weekend: I had to remove the panhard link as my welding was not good enough to stand up to the stresses the link put on it.
I need to get an O ring chain. I had to keep spraying white Lithium grease on the chain to keep it from kinking.

I took off the idler adjuster and further elongated the slide slots and welded on an adjusting screw set-up to facilitate tightening the chain.

I am also still not satisfied with the position of the brake pedal. I'm thinking now of devising a paddle like device that I could operate by squeezing it toward the fuel tank sideways with my knee. A device like this could possibly be utilized by someone who has been amputated below the knee.

All in all, it was a good shakedown cruise.

Gorilla & Skuuter:

The trip to "The Valley" Was ridden on a bare bones Suzie. Her body was left off for the trip. I have to get my trailer hitch installed the exhaust extended, and finish up everything else before I remount the body. Then I'll have some finished pictures.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miner
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png