Howdy From The New Guy

Bama Red

Oct 15, 2011
United States
I'm looking to either buy or convert my ride to a trike. Getting old(er!), had both knees replaced, getting ready for rotator cuff surgery, etc., etc.

Currently riding a 1998 Honda Valkyrie Tourer that I love. May want to convert it rather than try to sell it and buy a trike. Will probably have more than one or two questions as I get closer to decision time.

I'm retired and live with my wife in a small town in south Tennessee, near the Alabama state line. I shoot competitively (Cowboy Action Shooting - 2-time defending Alabama State Champ), like to play with old tractors, and like reading and fooling around with computers (don't know anything 'bout 'em - just like fooling around with 'em).

My wife will not ride the Valkyrie, but has said she will ride a trike. I'm not sure I really see a positive outcome here, but with my bad joints, I probably need the trike for just me anyway.

Friend out here does the Action Shooting at area fairs and rodeos . . . impressive! You'll enjoy the conversations on here - lots of folks who know lots of stuff to answer any questions you might have.

And you'll enjoy the heck out of a trike - we've put over 20K miles on ours in two years and still love every minute!

I'm looking to either buy or convert my ride to a trike. Getting old(er!), had both knees replaced, getting ready for rotator cuff surgery, etc., etc.

Currently riding a 1998 Honda Valkyrie Tourer that I love. May want to convert it rather than try to sell it and buy a trike. Will probably have more than one or two questions as I get closer to decision time.

I'm retired and live with my wife in a small town in south Tennessee, near the Alabama state line. I shoot competitively (Cowboy Action Shooting - 2-time defending Alabama State Champ), like to play with old tractors, and like reading and fooling around with computers (don't know anything 'bout 'em - just like fooling around with 'em).

My wife will not ride the Valkyrie, but has said she will ride a trike. I'm not sure I really see a positive outcome here, but with my bad joints, I probably need the trike for just me anyway.

Welcome aboard Bama Red, I believe you have all ready answered your own first question. You state you love your Valkrie. Well they make a GREAT trike so I would suggest you trike it. You will know what you have instead of POSSIBLY getting somone else's troubles. Your wife will love triken also. My wife would not get on my 2 wheeler but no sweat on the trike, plus she has her own Stallion trike. Good luck

Hello BamaRed, welcome to the Trike Talk Forum. People here are quite knowledgeable and friendly so bring on the questions. I fully agree with Gorilla, trike the bike you know and love. I have a similar disability but relating to balance so I got a Trike and my wife is glued to the seat. In fact, I cannot go anywhere without her sitting on it in the garage when I'm getting ready to go out for a ride. Good luck and ask away so we can answer your questions and I would like to point you to several of the threads in our data base that may be useful in your quest to Trike the Valkrie (simply use the search engine to find them). Good luck my friend.

Welcome BAMA RED! Glad you joined us.Lottagood folks and info here.You should talk to ZOOK about triking that VALK.RIDE SAFE

Bama Red

Do you live in Opelaka? I know that there is some Alabama Team up there.

Right on on the lady riding. I rode alone for 58 years. I bought a harley trike two years ago, and my bride of almost 50 years has started riding with me. It is not necessarily a good thing. She is "High Maintenance", and I have dropped a load on Harley bling!

Come to Thunder Beach.

Mike

PS

I am a GT guy and she is an FSU fanatic. She has Bobby Bowden's last Hospice Benefit mask,and his last autographed football.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png